1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sky Jump @ Stratosphere

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by CDx24, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDx24

CDx24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there are probably previous threads on this but my phone won't let me search. Looking for honest reviews on the Sky Jump, I am thinking of booking this as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend but want to make sure it is an enjoyable experience for him. He is a bit (well a lot!) more of a dare devil than me and enjoys pushing himself to new challenges he has done a few zip slides one at 1000ft so the heights shouldn't be an issue.

2. MiDenny

MiDenny Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the Sky Jump a couple years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. I got the package that included a DVD of the jump from a wrist cam and am glad I did. If he's a thrill-seeker, it's a great gift. It does provide quite a rush! I jumped at night and am thinking that I would like to try it during the daylight. It also has me convinced that I would like to try a tandem skydive as well. Mine was a birthday gift as well and I thought it was a fantastic gift.

3. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did it last year and it is a thrill to do and I would also recommend getting the package with the wrist cam, if he has done over 1000ft zip line then 855ft should be no problem, I was ok till I got out on to the walkway then it kind of hit me, you also get a discount of stuff you buy from the shop after your jump.

5. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish we had done it this past weekend. Maybe next time.

6. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife did the jump and loved it. She said the staff were very professional and helpful.

Bill

7. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I didn't do the jump....but I did stay at the Stratosphere once and they have a channel on their in room tv's that just shows people jumping. We saw one jumper who literally shit himself on the way down. He was a mess when he landed...but it was so funny to watch it unfold live on the in room tv.

Anything that will make you shit yourself has to be pretty scarey though....can't imagine doing that for any other reason.

8. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. CDx24

CDx24 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the feedback guys think I am going to book him in, hopefully he doesn't shit himself on the way down! I wish that video was on YouTube would be hilarious to watch.

10. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate lunch at the restaurant. As your table approaches the part where the Sky Jump is, there is a sign on the wall, warning you that people are jumping off on this.
    It made me laugh. It might be a bit disconcerning to a diner to see an unexpected body fall by.

11. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did the jump last month and really enjoyed it. I did it around midnight and the view was absolutely amazing. It wasn't as "free-fall" like as I thought it would be, but the initial jump is still very scary. Definitely get the wrist cam and photo so he can show all of his friends at home!

12. rittermd

rittermd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its a crazy ride

To quote my paramedic friend in Lake Elsinore (where there is a lot of skydiving schools)

"Only 2 things fall from the sky - birdshit and fools"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.