1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Nice hotel or nice buffet?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by bryan1650t, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryan1650t

bryan1650t Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Team,

I have enough points for either a good room or a good buffet but probably not both. Should I shoot for a room at the NYNY or Monte Carlo with a Luxor/Excalibur buffet, or do the opposite?

Thank you,
    bryan1650t

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would take the room. you can get better buffet options on Groupon right now for $34.99 to $44.99.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms aren't THAT much better at NYNY and MC, maybe a half step better.. it's really up to you! Though I haven't heard anything good about the Excal/Luxor buffets... I wouldn't eat there, even for free. Personally.

I'd go with the better rooms, and skip buffets.

4. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What Heather said. Or use the money to take a cab to Studio B. Excal's buffet is in the running as the Strip's worst now that the Quad has closed theirs.

5. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get the better room. Always can go to a better buffy.

6. Mac62398

Mac62398 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Luxor buffet. Not the best or biggest, but it’s a good value.

7. ab562

ab562 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you've never been there how can you have such a negative view about it? I've been there for breakfast and it was fine, it's a buffet, you can try a little of everything and eat what you like. Breakfast at most buffets will be fine, you might want to try something better for dinner. I suggest using the 2 for 1 buffet rewards and save the other LPs for something else.

8. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Luxor is hit and miss to be honest, get there at the beginning of the shift and it can be pretty damn good, late in the shift it's your risk, breakfast I find to be the most consistent. Excal we went once on a all day pass that had both places and never will again, just nasty :vomit: We have not done buffet outside Varandahs those in the last couple of years though so things can change for sure. I agree with going with the room myself.

9. saintdlee

saintdlee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my opinion

Hello-

I don't know what some folk are talking about when it comes to eating at Luxor or Excalibur's buffets.... We had absolutely no complaints the last time we were in Vegas and got the ALL DAY 2 Buffets FOR 1 PASS. We ate at Excalibur for breakfast and Luxors for dinner. Just fine if you ask us.

Haven't stayed at the Monte Carlo or NYNY but heard nothing but bad things about NYNY.

If u haven't tried it yet you really should check out Luxor's Tower Rooms. They are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYY better than the Pyramid ones and much QUIETER too. You can get a free upgrade to one if you use certain codes (i believe LTRIP is one of them)

So it depends upon whether or not you will be in your room very much but I'd say take the better food deal cause you can snack all day if you get the right one.....

Good Luck and have fun

10. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It depends what's more important to you. I'm chubby and easy to please, so I'd go nice buffet.

11. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do whatever saves you the most money

12. aashleyjc

aashleyjc Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote for rooms over food. Are you a big buffet fan? Can you get better/similar room offers through comps or codes? I think a bad meal can ruin a trip more than a bad room, so we rarely do buffets. Too many bad meals!

13. ylp-susie

ylp-susie Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to pay for a room, no matter how nice, so we normally pick from the free room offers, with location being a bit more important to us (center strip) than quality. Then... I'd go for food options. I can eat a sandwich and have a full belly if need be, but I sure do like buffets. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I think the worst buffets I've had in LV have been as good as any Golden Coral type buffet locally. I would guess that it depends on your expectations when you walk in?

14. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't believe I didn't mention this. If you're not already a fan of coupons, it's something to consider. You can save yourself some money on some decent buffets, not the high end buffets mind you. But, if you save enough on your food and/or room, you can splash out on a lunch or dinner at a high end buffet or a nicer room and still feel good about your budget. I freaking love coupons.

15. bcneil

bcneil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends on the dates you are going.

Buffets are the same price day after day. For instance the Thursday breakfast buffet is the same price 52 times a year. Not counting holidays I suppose.

A room for Thursday night can be all over the map over a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.