1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nov 6-9 SEMA Trip Report

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by VDMTom, Nov 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

First time doing this, hopefully the right way..
    This is the second time in Vegas this month. :evillaugh

November 6
    - 7:10pm departure from SJC Airport - After two time delays :nono:
    - Get to Vegas 8:30pm, take a cab to where I'll be staying as my Aria Host comp'd my room.
    - Streets were a mad house all week as it was SEMA week (Automotive convention)
    - Put bags away and went downstairs to play DD Blackjack for a bit, was up $600 in about 15 mins.
    - Spent a 2-3 hours walking around and meeting up with friends
    - 1 am was approaching and my friends and I went to grab dinner at Planet Hollywood, nothing fancy there, just Earl's Sandwich.
    - It was around 11pm, I was up $2975..
    [​IMG]

then worst move I made this trip happened next..

November 7-8
    - 2 am came around I started to play DD BJ and Single Deck at PH
    - Running on zero sleep.. By 6 am, I lost about $3,000 + loaned my coworker $1000.. thinking WTF as I walked back to Aria and went up to bed for 2 hours then off to SEMA 2013
    - Went to my meetings at 8:30 am and did a partial walk around the buildings.
    - 1 pm came by and it was off to Lotus of Siam for a quick vendor lunch.
    - Took a cab back to ARIA to sleep for 2 hours, then back to convention center for a 30 mins meeting at 4pm..
    - As soon as I finished the meeting, it was back to ARIA to play DD BJ and FREE BET BJ.
    - Had dinner at Aria Cafe that night as I was too tired to get out of the hotel.
    - Aria DD BJ killed me around 2 am by taking another $1,400 from my bankroll
    - Decided it was time to drink up and just enjoy good company for tonight/this morning.
    - Went to bed around 8 am with my head spinning at like 100 mph. :confused2:

November 8-9 - The Action Days
    - Woke up around 11 am, my friend went to Bank of America in Chinatown for more $$$$ as he was down a few hundreds and ATM limit was not enough..
    - Got the $1000 back and went to play Free Bet Blackjack at Aria..
    Result after 45 mins:
    [​IMG]

- Went to SEMA show again around 12pm, took 45 mins from Aria :rolleyes2:
    - Stayed all day to take photos for coverage and had more meetings..
    - Left around 5 pm, the plan was to go to Caesars for dinner at the Bacchanal Buffet, went there, line was too long.. Took a cab to Cosmo for Wicked Spoon. Turned out to be awesome, love how they had scallops dish and octopus salad.
    - 11 pm approached us and my boss text me and stated he was playing at PH, so I went there to play some more DD BJ and just to hang out.
    - Started playing with him at the $15 min table, I tend to stick to $50+ tables, after playing my average of $150-200 for 5 hands, the dealer told me to go play at the higher table to my left as the people were f'ing up my hands.
    - Having listened to her, I went to play at the $25 min table cause the dealer was cute :ssst:
    - After 30 mins, I was up $850 and my boss started to play here..
    - At about 3am, I was up $1500, thinking man.. if only this can be more!
    [​IMG]
    - Went back to the original table to tip the dealer that recommended me to leave the table. She was trilled I was winning :)
    - 4 am approached me and I was the only one left playing, doubled my $300 bet (I got 6 and 5) and got a picture! 21 baby! Feeling good, I pressed more and more..
    - 6 am and came 3 attractive girls to the table with good bank roll, we all got a few drinks and just joking around, two of the girls spilled two of their drinks on them and me.. oops, tips make everything better right? :thumbsup: Ended up exchanging #s and it seems like we'll be going to meet up in SoCal soon.
    - I was on fire and pressed on when I was on a streak that seemed almost never ending.
    - Went to bed around 8 am with $6000 in cash..
    [​IMG]

November 9
    - Woke up at 10 am, feeling REALLY GOOD and happy...
    - Had a meeting at Aria Buffet at 11 am, it was good & productive.
    - Went down and played some more at Aria FREE BET Blackjack as my departure flight back home (Thank goodness) was 3:45pm..

- Ended up the trip with $6900.. Brought $4,600.
    At PH, after playing $200-300 average, the pit boss said I will be contacted on Monday regarding an assigned Host. :) I feel bad I didn't give Mlife/Aria that much play, but I'm glad I won at PH.

Thank you for reading.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a great way to do a Vegas conference and pleasure! Congrats and thanks for sharin' nice Job!

3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice work!

4. guapoxxx

guapoxxx High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice comeback and great pics of the cash and checks! :peace:

Annual Golf Trip
  5. ATXTX

ATXTX VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Awesome trip - Sounds like you will be back soon :beer:

When we Were Young
  6. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep.. Dec 13-15 :)

Thanks!

7. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hell yeah awesome trip! congrats on the big swing!

8. Tbone3336

Tbone3336 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the trip report, and the gambling details. Congrats on a winning trip as well, nothing better than having as much fun as it sounded you had and winning more money than you went with!

9. Guy

Guy Captain of the Heads

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any pictures of any motorcars? :)

Easter 2024
  10. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats on a decent win!
    I was curious...how the eff are you only a GOLD card, if you play at those levels?!
    (or do you only go to Vegas once a year?)

11. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Currently editing :)

I'm an MLIFE player as I like Aria, CET properties aren't my thing, but guess it seems to have changed this trip. Only the second time I played at any CET properties. Only 500 Tier left to reach Diamond.. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.