1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Use it or Lose it--The comp you lost

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Snowbelle3, Nov 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell us about a Vegas comp that disappeared, expired or went unused for months or years (thus failing to return forever) that you wish you could have used (or not).

What was the comp and where was it from? How did you lose it?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I think a lot of people have comps that they don't realize they have and never use because they never ask for them.

IE: you are staying somewhere on The Strip but head Downtown one night and spend a couple of hours playing slots at Golden Nugget... you most likely have earned some comps, probably a buffet pass or credit at the cafe, but unless you go to the club booth and ask you would never know.

3. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, as an aside, just wanted to tell you that you give some of the best advice!!

To your point, it is very true. I sent out phone calls to a number of properties recently and found that I had some marketing offers (different from player's club offers--not sure how??) for a couple properties that I never knew I had. Also, even though I do not have CET comp room offers on my calendar right now (only rates), a random comp for the Paris showed up and I would not have known if I were not regularly checking my calendar. I had free room nights at a couple properties for months but was not aware.

Also I almost always forget that I should check the booth for any comps directly after play. I found out about a free buffet at Fremont and dining credit at Wynn by accident, because I was asking the booth about other things related to my play. They go right ahead and erase your comps the day after your play or so depending on the property. :grrr:

4. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to Vegas in 2010 with the bf and my family. Ended up at Venetian one day and did really well, took their money and spent maybe 50 bucks of my own money, there maybe an hour. I started getting comped rooms, shows, food, slot tournaments for the rest of that year. The bf would not let me go.. why?
    because I got pregnant about a month after we got home from vegas and he didnt want me to fly pregnant or drive to vegas since it was his child..

and now I get the free food, rooms from Cosmo, didnt spend more than the 100 for the promo.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the past year,in Vegas alone I have passed on

Free suites
    Free slot tourneys
    Free MJ Tourneys
    Concert Tickets
    Freeplay
    $300 in Food

etc

But - not sure what this means.

6. littlepiggie

littlepiggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free golf with playboy playmates. Free cruise vouchers. Free play and limo. Free concert tickets. Never get a suite but some cool stuff. This trip I am not taking palms up on free club access, limo and 275 free play. Palms also offered 150 gc. I am also turning down cosmo 5 nights and 220 fp and 100 food. I am taking bellagio 3 nights and 100 fp and 150 food. I am not planning on gambling much and want to keep my cosmo comps. I also have not stayed at palms in 2 years and dont want to eliminate future trips. I have only 1500 to gamble with so mgm will get it all. Different trip as i am taking my mom

7. philculp

philculp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got offered tix to UFC 167 cpl weeks ago but have to turn them down. Life/work gets in the way of so much fun to be had!

8. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to get offers from the Wynn for two free nights and $200 free play but sadly never was able to take them up on it. The last two offers I received were for $99 a night with a free midweek upgrade to a resort suite.
    Mark

9. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting point.
    I actually do that, not on every trip ,but fairly often.
    I just chalk up my couple hours of black chip action as a win or lose and not comp related since I am usually staying at an MGM property.
    Thanks

10. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto.
    4-5 trips a year from the East Coast and I usually plan one trip around an event/offer.
    I have to go when I can get away from business for a few days.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.