1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

7* companion but already diamond

Discussion in 'Comps' started by butterfinger, Nov 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my good friend is about to become seven star, he feels like he owe me so to show his appreciation he wants to give his 7* companion card to me, i feel like its a waste since im already diamond. i need to confirm some questions before i make my decision, if i accept his offer i WILL let my diamond status drop but it dont expire until march 2015.

1) diamond lounges, would i get to bring in a guest with the 7* companion card? and what about spas and clubs, guest or no guest?

2) hes gonna make 7* this week, how long does that 7* companion card last til?

3) i would NOT get two free shows a month with this 7* companion card huh?

i can only think of one benefit that i dont already have if i decide to accept this, 7* lounge but thats worthless to me since they longer have a 7* lounge in vegas. can anyone think of anymore benefit?

2. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really worth that much...
    1) Yes, you can bring in one guest at a Diamond lounge. You can also bring in 3 guests into a Seven Stars lounge. Access to the Seven Stars lounge is really the best benefit of a 7* Companion card IMO.
    2) His 7* status will last until 03/2015. Your card will expire 03/2014, but he can re-appoint you for 04/2014 thru 03/2015.
    3) You would not, but you can still retain your Diamond card for this benefit.

The only other tangible benefit is front of line privileges, but you essentially already have that with Diamond. I've been Seven Stars for a few years but have never gifted anyone my Companion card status. I would rather not trip my ADT unnecessarily.

3. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    spas and clubs, allowed one guest?

and the companion card is not a players card where u stick it in a machine to earn points so it doesnt affect your ADT or your side at all, if they play it would be on their own card. dont let a companion card go to waste, go make someone happy :) i know so many people that would be jumping from joy to get a 7* companion card but i dont have this option

4. butterfinger

butterfinger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just a update, i told my friend to give that 7* companion card to someone else and he has. Truly is a waste if it goes to me 1) diamond to me is super easy to keep 2) barely any added benefit, other than 7* lounge there is none, which of course is worthless to me since there is no 7* lounge in vegas anymore 3) def dont wanna lose my 2 free shows a month

Still wondering how many guests can a 7* companion card bring in at spas and clubs

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.