1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Heritage(mirage) vs old homestead

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Gdicke13, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gdicke13

Gdicke13 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Big fan of GR steak and CUT. But would like to do a different steakhouse experience this trip. Staying at caesars...what are the thoughts on OH and heritage? Is prime at bellagio any better? Thanks

2. aeb

aeb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wife and I had dinner at Heritage last Friday. Wife had a salad which was very good, I had grilled scallop skewer. One of the best appetizers I have ever had. We shared the porterhouse for 2. It was very good but we didn't like that the steak was first presented to us, then taken away, sliced, and plated for us. We prefer the entire steak, bone and all, on a separate plate so we can choose our pieces. Not a deal breaker but not how we like it. Also shared a side of brussel sprouts cooked with bacon, delicious. Room was nice although tables were a bit close to one another.

Prime has a more romantic and quiet atmosphere. Steaks are great at both Heritage and Prime. Heritage is different in that they use a grill for everything, so there is no shrimp cocktail, for instance.

We are hesitant to try Old Homestead, not because of the steaks but the room itself does not appeal to us at all. I just don't see the attraction of having a great meal while a constant parade of people walk by inches from a table. We absolutely would not sit at any of the tables along the outside wall.

3. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had dinner at Homestead I had the 22oz Gotham Rib Steak, side of sauteed mushrooms and a baked potato. I found the food to be VERY good. However I do notice they have changed the side of mushrooms from wild (variety) mushrooms to mushroom caps. I have not eaten at the other places mentioned but Homestead is a winner in my book.

4. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate at Heritage Steak a couple of weeks ago and it was awesome, would not hesitate to go back. We had our wedding rehearsal dinner at Prime in May and again had an amazing experience definitely more romantic than Heritage but equally great food. We ate at Old Homestead in NYC last Christmas and it was great as well, I agree about the location of the Vegas one not being great so we have never been to it. Depending on where you are I would choose Prime or Heritage

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think a wedding rehearsal dinner would be awesome at Prime. What a great idea!

6. elvis66

elvis66 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It was. The service, food, view and friends made for an excellent evening

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.