1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Sin city club crawl + groupon + non American = help!

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by jamesnoon, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello.

Going to Vegas (first timer) on 21st November for a week. In order to set our body clocks in early and see much of the night life from the starting line, I wanna book a club tour on day 1. Which is a Thursday.

Went to do this via groupon ($39 deal). But, because I don't have a card linked to a US address I am not able to book via groupon. Don't wanna be paying closer to $100 direct.

Just wondering if I can get round this? I was wondering if a host or whatever would be able to book it for us on arrival and charge to the room? Obviously we would tip quite well if they did go this extra mile.

Spoke to my Virgin holidays rep but they were useless, trying to sell me a worse tour for $39.

Or is there a more sneaky way around this I can do prior to getting to Vegas?

Regards

2. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Look around on the forum here for other options. In my opinion I would just pick one club you think sounds cool and stick with it all night.

3. welch9

welch9 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too am interested in this, as my plans are the same as yours for April. I know everyone say choose one club and go, but this deal seems to by pass all the crap and greasing to get in.

4. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not looking for other options. I want to know how I can get over these barriers to get the deal I want.

I will go to a high end club at the weekend. As a first night though want to experience as much as possible and this is the way to go.

5. AceQueen

AceQueen Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well

Sure sounds like you need to unwind. Good luck.:drunk:

6. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorted

Used my address with lv postcode on groupon and worked a treat.

1oak, LAX and Pure for $39 each! Sweet!

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dumb idea but if the groupon gives you the name of the company why not call them and ask if they can honor the deal and have them bill directly because of your dilema? If they are doing groupon I would assume they want the business.

8. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got the Sin City one.

I like that they don't just go from a bar, to another right next, to a club right next.

They go from PBR then party bus to 1Oak then party bus to Chateau then party bus to Tryst.

10. Sinatraatthesands

Sinatraatthesands Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1oak huh, that will be fun LOL!

11. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I NO RITE?!

That's the one bummer.

12. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Is 1oak dead then? Thought it was supposed to be pretty good tier 2 club?

13. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    depends on the nite but it never really caught on it should have been a tier 1 club but its not.now 1oak in nyc is very exclusice and hard to get into.

14. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i wouldnt call 1oak a tier 1, maybe a tier 2. Right now the top clubs are Hakkasan, light and marquee. Pure, LAX, Tao and tryst are close. 1 oak, body english are still fresh on the market, but still fun places and trying to establish their identity. Bank, hyde, haze,foundation room, Lavo, surrender and chateau are all smaller venues, but still good.

15. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just went on Friday as part of the Sin City Crawl.

It was great but then again, they didn't play much EDM and played top 40 with just a spritz of EDM mixed in.

The knock on it is that it's a smaller club but the atmosphere was fine and the music was great (MOST important).

Weird that I found Chateau to be the worst. It's too cavernous and the area in the back is too far away from the dance floor.

Tryst was great. Great atmosphere and music. Love the waterfall in the background.

I dunno if I'd want to try any other crawl other than Sin City.

You start at PBR Rockbar, party bus to 1OAK, after that party bus to Chateau, after that, party bus to Tryst.

The inclusion of the party bus after each club crushes the notion I'd want to try another crawl where you are being walked to each club.

The party bus is a double decker with the upstairs being roomy as hell.

I'd easily do that same crawl again and again. It would be nice if they changed the venues a bit tho'. I heard the only difference they have is on Thursdays where they end up at Pure instead of Tryst.

Weird that when I asked about clubs playing hip-hop and R&B, everyone was saying no Vegas clubs do that anymore.

Wrongggg.

16. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tao, pure, foundation room sometimes are playing hip hop.

That's why I have issues with the club crawls, they put as many ppl on a bus as they can, take ppl to third rate clubs and most of the clubs give them a per head kickback. You get what you pay for, that's why club crawls are from $40-100. I actually have been on 5 or so of the club crawls, to pay someone money and stand in GA line is Crap.

17. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stood in no lines at all.

I paid $75 for 2 people ($37.50 a person).

The party bus was actually great and that was the transpo with drinks (just strong vodkacran). You almost didn't need a drink in the club.

I find it to be a win-win. Club gives them a kickback? Fine by me.

I can understand a local not liking it cuz, well, you know all the different clubs to go to. Hell, I wouldn't to do it more than once on the same trip unless....the venues changed.

Example, if one night it's PBR, 1OAK, Chateau, and Tryst, I'd go again on the same trip if it was Kahunaville, Foundation Room, LAX, and Light.

I don't wanna hit the same ones over again on the same trip. One night on a crawl for 5 day trip is fine.

Every club I went to was supremely packed, especially 1OAK with only a few tables empty far off from the dance floor. I wouldn't want to be over there anyway.

18. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well of course not, they are going to lower tier clubs. 1oak is giving away free drinks. If people want to see clubs on the cheap i would do Ghost bar, moon, voodoo lounge and Chateau, i could do that for $20 a head. Like i said before, i go the clubs 4-7 nights a week and there are alot of places that are overhyped and overpriced and then are places that are struggling to stay afloat . Giving groups of ladies free tables and free drinks just to seem full and then they bounce early.

Not saying the club crawl is bad, im saying is that Pure, tao, body english or Lax would be worth the money. Anyone that has light, marquee or hakkasan would be the best. You also have some other fun places like Hyde, Haze, Bank, Foundation room and The View.

19. airmcnair06

airmcnair06 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What clubs did you go to that played hp hop/r&b?

I was there last weekend and I did the Nite Tours VIP Club Crawl. We went to Chateau (LOTS of hip hop , which I loved, but setup wasn't the greatest imo), Body English (some hip hop when we got there, but techno for abour 30 minutes straight after that. I got really tired/drunk after we left here and don't even remember the last club we went to, but the music was absolutely not my kinda thing.

Just compiling a list for next time I go to Vegas (which I hope is VERY soon)

20. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    unless lax switched over ,u will get hip hop r/b on wensday its also now more urban crowd than it used to be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.