1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria: RANT!

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Aftermath, Oct 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In a previous thread I mentioned how Aria doesn't want my play. My game is BJ and I average $200-$300 per hand and press when I'm winning but yet not a single host over there wants to take me in as a client. (I have no problems with a host taking care of me at Bellagio or Mirage).

My wife enjoys the property so for this past trip she pushed me to book a stay there against my wishes.

After again having no luck with a host wanting to book my trip, I booked a corporate comp for a basic room for 2 nights and $125 F&B.

I decided to take a stab at getting a host's attention at Aria so I brought a bigger bank roll, walked into Carta Privada (high limit room) and flat betted $500 per hand for 8 hours across 2 days.

At the end of the trip I walked into the host's office to see if he could comp anything off on the back end. He looked up my play in the system, kind of snickered in a rude manner and said "Looks like you already received all the comps that you are due" (corporate offer for 2 nights and $125 F&B). In disbelief I asked what kind of play does it take around here to get taken care of? He stated we are looking for $500 a hand to peek our interest. So I said, "That's what I was betting!". He again snickered in a rude manner and said "It says here that your average bet was $200" WTF?! REALLY?!?!??! No wonder he was snickering. He must have thought I was some low playing schmuck asking for handouts. To add insult to injury (you'll see why below), while I was storming out the door, the host says he can take care of part my bill, so I smiled, shook his hand and thanked him for his generosity. So with part of the bill taken care of and the $100 of express comps I accumulated that I was going to have applied to my bill, that should take care of the trip in it's entirety.

So I go to check out and I ask the lady behind the counter to apply my $100 of express comps and she states that a host has already applied it towards my bill. Unbelivable!!!! When the host told me he was going to take care of part of the bill, what he really meant was he was going to use my express comps! Seriously?!?! You don't think I can't do that myself?! F* you Aria.

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds pretty much par for the course with the Aria host staff. I have had a lot of trouble finding a decent host there.

But the hundred bucks in EC should have tipped you off that something was wrong. Even if they rated you at $200 per hand, you should have accumulated more than double the EC you received. Sounds like something is off with the number of hours you played

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hours were recorded correctly, it was the average bet that was way off. Per the host "$200 average bet, 8 hours of play".

Inside Carta Privada, the pit bosses record your bets like a hawk watching it's prey. I don't know how in the world they would get me at $200 a hand when I was flat betting purple chips.

4. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, unbelievable! This is what I'm hearing though about Aria. Hosts are rude, act like you are bothering them. This is why I stay at Monte Carlo/Hotel32, I bet at your level $200 to $500 a hand BJ for 6 to 8 hours each day, play Craps and have anywhere from $300 to $500 on the table at any time. You would think I was a Whale the way I get treated at the Monte Carlo, I "pay" for nothing (even airfare is comped). This goes back to my saying I would rather be a big fish in a small pond than a small to medium fish in the ocean. I can understand your frustration, this story is similar to those stories folks are telling me about Cosmopolitan.

Yeah, the use of your comps, classy move there :rolleyes2: I would have gone back and asked to speak to a supervisor, I don't think I would let this one drop. I would right an email/letter, all they can do is ignore you and then your no further behind than what you already are. Who knows your email/letter may fall onto a sympathetic supervisor and you may end up getting something out of it. If nothing else they will know how you feel. Good luck.

5. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sucks. I don't play at near the level you do, but I experienced a similar situation a few years ago at Aria. Following a four-day trip in which my wife and I gambled way more than usual, I stopped at the Mlife desk prior to checking out to see if our level of play over the trip warranted a reduction in the bill. The person smiled and agreed to take off a good chunk off the bill.

When we got home I realized that they had done the exact same thing that happened to you--they simply applied all of our express comps to the bill without asking us (or telling us). Kinda pissed me off. I wish they would have just been honest and said: "Sorry, you are not gambling enough to warrant that kind of bill reduction, but we would be happy to apply your ECs to the bill if you would like?"

I love the Aria, and we still stay there. However, I just don't expect much in the form of comps. If we want to get comped or taken care of, we stay at Mirage.

6. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's ok. I took them for $20k and they'll never see a dime of that going back to them. :thumbsup:

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Somewhere along the way, MGM or Aria have decided this place is special. So, the hosts are tight, aloof. Or so it seems. Maybe they are too close to Cosmo - LOL!!

8. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good for you..even though I'm a loyal MLife player I don't like some of the MGM hotels and as far as gaming Aria is one of those that I don't like. I do like some of the restaurants, but I just charge those to my room and my host comps it.

You are doing the right thing, take their money and run, same thing I would do.......:beer:

9. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a shame though as they have some of THE best BJ rules in all of Vegas. Double deck, face up, stay on S17 and surrender.

10. Hoowaa

Hoowaa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How do you leave the table without asking what you have been rated given your vast amount of history and complaints at Aria ??

11. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ive had no problem there in fact very good descretionary comps.

mlif treats this as equeal or better than belliagio as its new younger hip and trendy,

you where comped up front wich you had to play off and you said you won 20 grand ,if you lost 20 grand your outcome would have been diifernt.

you had to covder this is a guess 2 nites lets 250 a nite and 125 f&b so say 625 up front.if you got upgraded you had to pay off that.plus mlife give really good express comps for table player unlike cet which doesnt.

when i ask for a comp at any mlife property ask them to look at my descretionary and not my express and let me know what they can do for me

12. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what confuses me. I get very well taken care of by my host over at Bellagio. If Aria is supposed to be equally on par with Bellagio, how come no host wants to get credit for my play? I'm thinking that MGM has put Aria on a pedestal and is trying to keep their image as a HIGH END UPSCALE High Roller property.

I received no upgrade at check in and was put in a 5th floor room facing air conditioning units. :vomit:

Surely my play should have warranted (if those monkies had recorded my play correctly) atleast the bottle of water i charged to my room.

13. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I admit that was my mistake, but when the table minimum sign says $500, and I had nothing but purple chips, one would "ass"ume that they would just have me rated at the table minimum.

I'm pretty sure the ******bag sitting next to me betting $5000 per hand got rated correctly.

14. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So with part of the bill taken care of and the $100 of express comps I accumulated that I was going to have applied to my bill, that should take care of the trip in it's entirety.

So how much did you actually charge to the room which was not picked up?

Your real issue is that you seem to have differences of opinion with Aria regarding how much you have actually played. As you say, purple chip play in carta privada is watched like a hawk, pretty much every hand is observed by the pit. In my experience their ratings are very, very accurate. Can you think of anything you might be doing which would cause them to NOT rate you accurately? If not, it may be worth your while to ask for the tapes to be reviewed showing your purple action. They can do it if you make your case nicely.

15. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i belive that bellgio is catering to a older cliental ,funny i get crap from there but at aria i belive there grooming the new generation of people and i get great comps.

as per free bottle of water you did you got 125$ plus your express comps

i think your winning so much in 2 days effected the extras you wanted;

at cet they always use reward credits first before comping extras ,the thing i like about mlife is the descrationary comps so i can keep my express.

long story short . i had them use around 1000 in desrcitionary at aria and went back a few days to thank them and asked about another show and specificly asked about descrionary he said i had around 7$ left but still a week before the show there was time so check back.

still have 500$ in express wich i kept.

16. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After the $125 in F&B, there was $200 left on my bill. When the host said "part", I assumed that atleast half would be taken care of and I would be able to take care of the other $100 with my EC.

I remember reading Nate's TR's about him asking them to review the tapes after he was shorted on his rating. I understand since he's a high-roller they will bend over backwards to fulfill any of his requests. As a purple chipper, they would probably pause for a second and then breakout in hysterical laughter.

17. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you can always walk into the host on duty office there very nice have them pull up your play and ask how much how long ,rember you probly played thru a few shift changes so they might have to add it up.you might even get a host that way if yiu feel like hes looking to help you thats what i did.

18. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who you calling old!? Lol. I'm 32.

I still didn't get my free bottle of water. The $200 left over was from dinner the previous night on top of the $125 F&B. After cashing in my $100 EC, I had to pay an extra $100 at check-out.

19. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This mess all started by doing exactly what you wrote above.

20. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yep Aria ******bags. I love the place, the bartenders, etc, but the host staff is a total waste of oxygen.

I'm glad i read this since i"m headed there on that crap corporate offer (similar offer though I play about 5% of your level lol),

Last trip to aria I played exactly 1 hand of Video poker and hit aces for $800. I'm thinking this trip I'll play just my $100 of freeplay and $40 of point play off, use my $150 of comps/resort credit and give all my play to downtown grand.

I"m just about completely done with the strip. Fuck em

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.