1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

A "Can't Lose" Trip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by engicedave, Oct 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

The one post in the thread about favorite memories mentioned a "can't lose" trip, have you ever had one?

I did, but it wasn't Vegas, but was at Biloxi...

I was staying at Isle of Capri (Now Golden Nugget) and my play there was, quite frankly, terrible, losing badly, so I decided to try some place else. I have to mention, this was my first trip to Biloxi. I had stopped briefly once or twice before at Beau Rivage while driving past on I-10, but never stayed more than a few hours.
    So I went over to IP to try it out since I had never been in there, went to the HL slot area and started playing on $5 slots and was doing pretty good...couple hand pays....but doing just a bit above even. A host comes by, introduces himself, we start talking, asks where I am staying, I say at Isle and that I really didn't like it, so he offers me a mini-suite and then says there's a MMA (UFC-type) of fight, did I want tickets? I say "sure," go back to Isle, make up some weak excuse of kid sick, have to go, and check out then checked into IP. Get some dinner, go to fight and have front row table seat, and then after the fight, I go back to the floor and the first machine I see is a $1 5-way, put in like $20 and hit $1600 and after that, I couldn't lose that night....hit $8K...hit $2k....$2400.....and more....then hit my biggest ever, $33,750 on a $25 slot (that's the one where there was the fight about my picture of it.) and after that I still won a couple more hand pays....In the end, this is how I finished up the night

The check is for $10K and each bundle is $10K, and you can count each row
    [​IMG]

It was a COULD NOT LOSE NIGHT

2. uli_1515

uli_1515 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fucking eh.

3. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    shite. wow

4. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    holy moly :beer: that must have felt soooo good

5. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoa!!! I love it!!!

6. higgiel

higgiel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a gorgeous photo! How long ago was this awesome trip? -- Lorna

7. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

August 2010

C'mon, there have to be other people who've had an "I can't lose" trip......

8. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, a few weeks ago, I had one of those trips playing blackjack. I played 5 sessions and won each time, I was up $400. As soon as I returned from Vegas I felt so invincible that I took The Tropicana up on a rare free Friday night room offer in Atlantic City. I blew my winnings in less than 3 hours on a couple of cold tables. Reality bites, but I confirmed that it was more fun to win and drink seemingly endless Heinekens than to get sh*t cards and beg for a 7 oz plastic cup of warm, flat Miller Lite. I miss Vegas. Sorry to wreck the juju here.

Dave, your win was so epic, not sure if anyone else wants to be the tallest midget here.

9. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Started out one trip in Vegas that way...
    Got a free offer from Palazzo (don't ask me how, NEVER been there before that!)
    Took them up on it...
    Headed down to MSS...had good luck at craps; up $1000.
    Went over and started playing $ treasure chest vP....dumped $100 with no results...had gf play a little...she popped a ROYAL!
    So naturally we were up $5000...but then we started losing a little, lol.
    Came home with $3000 of that winnings...about as best as I've ever done...

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a can't lose day, but was still down for the trip.

11. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My May trip was best I ever had. Had small bankroll of $500 for a 6 night trip, turned it into almost $2000, mostly off RF for $1000 on quarter JOB machine but did pretty good at MB and Aria playing Pai Gow Poker also. Then the best part was, day I was scheduled to drive home, just felt kinda sickly (you know that feeling, way too much drinking and lack of sleep). Couldn't force myself to do 7 hour drive so stayed an extra night.

While waiting for room to become available for checkin, I hit another RF playing at PH Pai Gow Poker for $750 win.

Not the thousands like on your bed, but great trip for me. Paid for everything, and came home with $1800.

12. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow! Awesome!

I'm still waiting for my "can't lose" trip. I once had a trip where it was a wild roller coaster ride and when the smoke cleared I went home with a whopping profit of $85.00.

That's about the best I've done so far in 10 trips.....:cry: :thumbsup:

13. cf84

cf84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in town for a training class for work several years ago. They had this class in other cities but talked the boss into letting me attend the one in Vegas. :thumbsup:

I was busy from basically morning until 5 or 6 PM and needed to be alert for class so didn't gamble a ton of hours. In bed by 10 or 11 probably. Staying at Treasure Island. One night after class went to the bar to play $1 Bonus Deluxe. Pretty sure I hit a couple quads for $400 each and then popped the royal for $4000! That was all on the first hundred, if I recall.

After that excitement, decided to buzz over to the Palms and play the Deuces Wild progressive. Proceeded to hit quad 2's FOUR times in ONE HOUR! I thought the lady next to me was going to kill me! I recall hitting them about every way possible. Had them dealt, drew 1, 2 and 3. Walked out of there $900 ahead.

Throughout the week, seems like every time I stuck a $100 in the $1 Bonus Deluxe, I'd hit an early quad for $400. Ended up clearing $7000 for the trip! I guess a pretty wise decision to schedule my class out there, huh? :thumbsup:

14. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. Ulose

Ulose Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw Sammy Hagar at the coushatta in Louisiana one night. After the show I hit the floor pretty buzzed. I decided to start off with a little roulette. After hitting several $3 straight ups, I decided to start playing nickels. A couple of spins later I hit with a pretty good stack. The dealer tried to pay out wrong. She was paying in blacks and my color and was figuring one on five dollar units and the other in ones dollar units. She couldn't understand what I was trying to tell her. Getting pretty frustrated I finally got the pit guy there to straighten her out. I cashed in and walked away up about $1800.

Even more buzzed and more stoked than the concert left me, I decided to run some c-notes through the $5 machines. Just roaming around plugging money in here and there, Wasn't long, and bam...$1200. Get my hand pay and start to roam again.... Bam $1800..... A little more roaming... Bam $1200. While waiting for the hand pay I plug $100 into the machine next to the winner ....bam $2200. He brought my money and went back after the next one.

Around 5am extremely buzzed and tired I tallied up 6 hand pays and about $7000 up. I decided it was time to head to the room. On my stagger, ummm walk back to the room a $5 machine at the entrance to the high limit room caught my eye,.... Why not. Walk up to it, plug in $100, hit max bet. Max bet $100.... Shit. Bonus game.... Alright I should get my money back. Start bonus....bam $10,000.

Got my cash and went to the room. Took a pick and sent it to wife and Facebook. I don't line it up though, I just spread it out. I want people to guess how much is there. Lol

16. engicedave

engicedave VIP Whale

THAT'S what I was looking to read...it does happen

17. arrgy

arrgy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going on a can't lose trip tomorrow.

Spent Thanksgiving in Vegas had to leave on Sunday. Before I left I made a bunch of NFL bets at the Aria. Well after I landed in Charlotte I found out I hit a lot of my bets.

2 straight up bets for $1000 each
    1 parlay 4 team for $500
    2 parlay 7 team for $1600 each

No way am I putting $6000 in betting slips in the mail, insured or not.

So I am flying back to Vegas tomorrow, the best part...

Flights from where I live are $1000 RT and up. Went on Priceline yesterday and got a RT for $250 for the same flight.

Yeah I'll spend $250 to get my $6000 and place a couple of more bets.

18. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW !!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Dave !!!
    That's a trip I can only dream about. I'm happy if I profit a few hundred.

19. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fuck amazing trip nice.

20. earth-3

earth-3 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never had one in almost 50 years. I guess that's why your very fortunate and there aren't many more people sharing results. Winning big is for the very few indeed. I also wouldn't count winning $5000 if your average bet is $1000 per wager.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.