1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Lori Palooza 10/17-10/21

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by GottaLuvCruising, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Our Las Vegas trip was celebrating our daughter's 39th birthday. We were in Las Vegas in July and she noticed that Ray Romano & Kevin James were performing over the weekend of her birthday, so we had to go back.

We booked a 2-bedroom, 2-bath at the Residence Inn South on Dean Martin, just a couple minutes from the strip. Accommodations were wonderful, but we missed the mid-strip (Harrah's / Flamingo) convenience we usually enjoy. Weather with warm days and cool nights just couldn't have been any nicer.

I had a rental car (Alamo $120 total), mostly parked centrally and did a lot of walking. Used valet about half of the time, but managed with self-park a lot, too. Packed GPS but didn't need it except to get to Target for supplies.

I played at Harrah's (almost exclusively) and did well days one and two, but lost all my winnings on day four. Drink service was very slow. As soon as I hit my slot machine, I received an email offering a room discount - too little, too late. But I do hope to stay there again next time.

Gallagher @ Tropicana: There was some new political and social material, but he's looking old and still using mostly old jokes. I still enjoyed seeing him and had terrific tablemates.

Donny & Marie @ Flamingo: Have seen this show before, but sat right at the stage and was too close. Chose a booth just a little further back this time and view was wonderful. Enjoyed the routines, loved Donny! Marie's voice was wonderful, but she has had some plastic surgery and generally seemed pretty fake. Donny unable to dance, but still charming and adorable.

Ray Romano & Kevin James @ Mirage: Great show! Ray was funny & personable. Kevin was amazing and hysterical. Probably wouldn't do it again, but enjoyed seeing them in person.

Jim Belushi @ Venetian: This was improv with his co-star from According to Jim, along with his son and a couple others. LOVED his stand-up at opening, but the improv was very dull.

Human Nature @ Venetian: The BEST SHOW IN LAS VEGAS! I've seen them 10 times and they are amazingly talented (and cute). Wonderful Motown music and dance.

Red Skelton (tribute) @ Westin: Brian Hoffman did a wonderful job performing as Red Skelton. He even sold us our tickets in character. His was a heartfelt and endearing tribute to a performer I loved as a child. He stayed true to Red and therefore, the show was a little slow.

Brad Garrett's Comedy Club @ MGM: We bought tickets because Brad Garrett was actually performing. I expected him to do only the introductions, but he did a lot of stand-up with them. Brad Garrett is definitely NOT Robert Barone and while some of his show was enjoyable I found him to be too profane and vulgar. I didn't care for the female performer, but really did enjoy the two guys who did stand-up.

As you can see, it was a weekend of mostly old comedians. Our next trip will focus on production shows and singers - already making a list of shows. Can't wait to go again...maybe January?

2. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, assuming you didn't see any shows the day you left, you did about two per day....impressive!

Thanks for the reviews!

3. ju5tagt

ju5tagt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WOW - you were busy!! Thanks for the reviews!

4. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's a lot of shows in a short period of time!

Sorry you lost your winnings on day four -- hope you didn't lose much more.

Thanks for the review of the Red Skelton tribute show. I'm 52 and loved him as a child. Maybe not the funniest material on the planet, but he was just so sweet in how he delivered it. I'll always love Red.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.