1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Triple Booked. Did I just screw up?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by 2VegasNuts, Oct 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are headed to Vegas this next weekend 10/31-11/3. About 1 month ago, I booked a comped Bella Suite at Venetian with $175 FP, A North Grand Suite at Bally's with connecting room with $300 FP, and a Deluxe basic room at Aria with $200 FP. I wrote my former host at Aria and told her we are bringing a friend and need a suite. She wrote back that she could not guarantee a suite, but that she would note the reservation that I am requesting a suite, which I did check on and was done.

We really need a two room suite for this trip. Since I have to cancel 72 hrs in advance, I cancelled 2 of the reservations tonight. We really want to get back to staying at Aria (12 comped stays 2010-2012), so I cancelled the other two. Before we moved over to V/P and CET this year, all our offers were for a corner suite or better at Aria. Now, I have to "hope" we get an upgrade at Aria.

Dumb?

How should I increase my chances of getting the upgrade? Would it help to call the front desk manager the morning of 10/31? Would it be best to get there early like 3pm, or later such as 7pm? I don't think the $20 trick will work at all at VIP check in.

I spread my gambling self too thin this year testing programs after 12 years with MGM :)

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Suites are sometimes hard to get. They have LOTS of people that want them and many that deserve them. With a $200 FP offer at Aria, I am guessing you are not at the suite level. You had been, but I am guessing your play has dropped.

You said you needed a two room suite this trip. Do you mean two bedrooms, or a true suite, or what?

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When staying at Monte Carlo in the past they've said almost the same thing to me (can't guarantee, but they'll note it in the reservation) and thats always meant "we'll give you the suite unless somebody better comes along"

You should target your check in for around 3-4PM: "late" enough that prior occupants should be gone and the room ready, but not too late where the front desk has had a chance to upgrade too many people from regular rooms to suites (IE: $20 trick)

4. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the reply. We just need the entry level corner suite at Aria which is a bedroom and a separate sitting room with a queen sleeper.

5. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Getting there on 10/31, Thursday, instead of Friday, is in your favor.

Check-out time is 11:00am, so by noon, they should know who checked out, who has late checkout, and what their inventory is. I'd try to get there around noon. Calling the front desk earlier in the morning won't do anything.

As far as I know, the sofas in the Corner Suites are NOT sleepers, at least none of the ones I've been in had them.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

If I was your friend on this trip, and we were not sharing a bed, I would have preferred the connecting room above. Don't stick me on a couch. Nor make me go through your bedroom to use the bathroom.

Just me. I need/want/require a good nights sleep - or at least half a nights sleep.

7. 2VegasNuts

2VegasNuts High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No doubt. Unfortunately for our guest, free gets you just that. We are trying to reinstate ourselves at MGM. Our bankroll is going to be 3x what they have seen in the past. I was going to offer my "former" host a deal. If she gives me a Sky Suite up front, I will guarantee "X" ADT. Since you never know what life may bring, I decided not to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.