1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

One day only! I'd like a few more suggestions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Vegas Insight, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I will probably have a moment to check the forum on Sunday, but it might be early in the day, so if you have a suggestion, please make it on Saturday, Oct. 26.

I'm heading to the desert soon, and part of my plan while on vacation is to take my rental car and hit the road one day. I have been to both Red Rock and Valley of Fire. I enjoyed 'em both. Last year I drove to Rhyolite, a ghost town a couple of hours away from Vegas. It was cool to see, but I wouldn't put another ghost town visit on the top of my to-do list at the moment

I've been to Hoover Dam in the past, I'm not dying to go back. I've been to Laughlin, I have no interest in going back that direction.

I'm open to driving 1-2 hours one way. I have a couple of ideas of places to go, but I'm interested in a few suggestions to consider, as well. It's a three-hour flight to Vegas, I need something to think about while killing time at 30,000 feet.

2. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about taking a drive up to the Mount Charleston area; stopping at the lodge for lunch? Plenty of opportunities to get out and do some hiking on their established trails. You could also take the 3 hour drive to Zion National Park. I know that it's a longer road trip, but you won't be disappointed; the scenery is breathtaking. I picked up a groupon to take the ATV tour out near Valley of Fire for next week. $85 for a 3 hour, 28 mile ride. They pick you up at the Ex Cal and bring you back mid afternoon.

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mesquite. Primm. Neither are spectacular, but I did them just to say I did. I personally like driving around the lake. Lots of places to stop and get out to walk around. There are a few spots where you can get down to the water and take a dip if you want. I enjoy taking the road through a pass and down into North Las Vegas on my way back.

Not sure if have been there, but I am planning on spending part of Monday at Springs Preserve. Not sure how much time I can kill there, but have heard its nice.

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I co-worker recently went to Vegas and drove up to St George, Utah. He said there was some very interesting rock work to see.

5. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Zion is for another trip, I have already determined. Mount Charleston makes a lot of sense.

I have considered Primm, just for the sake of hitting the open desert highway and having a place to go, but it sounds like there's so little to offer once I get there that I'd be disappointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.