1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Has anyone eaten at Sugar Factory at Paris?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by justmare, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone eaten at Sugar Factory Grill at Paris?

I'm considering the Groupon that's available, but wanted to find out if it's good food first. Also wanted to know what I can expect for wait time for lunch on a Saturday (Thanksgiving weekend).

Thanks for any info you can give me!

2. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there for Mother's Day brunch last year. We all thought the food was good (not great). Fortunately, we had a reservation because the wait otherwise would have been about an hour. It was pretty noisy too. I would go back, but it wouldn't be my first choice. They do take Total Reward credits though.

- Linda in TX

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had breakfast about a year ago & it was really good....just a lot of food. Hubby had an omelet with 3 cheeses & scarfed it down. :) I think I had granola with fruit & it hit the spot. We tried to go for dinner one nite & the music was just too loud....very young crowd at nite and we knew we would not be able to talk at all so we went somewhere else.

Saturday afternoon?..... possibly a short wait or none at all. Not sure how busy things could be over the holiday weekend though.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love it! They have an amazing triple decker club sandwich I always get. And their milkshakes are so good, definitely worth $10.

5. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there with a group recently. The food was good. And, the coffee was some of the best "stock" coffee I've had in a restaurant.

The service was bad. I don't know if the wait staff were new or not, but my wife and I waited 15 minutes before ordering. And, after waiting for another 30 minutes, we were told our order had been lost (???). We ordered again and it took another 30 minutes to get our food. By the time the food came, my wife was angry and it took some effort to keep her from going off on the wait staff.

Maybe I just happened to hit the Sugar Factory on a bad night. I've generally heard good things. But, after my experience there, will not be back.

Bill

6. justmare

justmare High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for all your help!

I think I'll skip the Groupon. Maybe we'll check it out and if it's not too busy just use reward credits. :)

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good info, thanks. I was considering the Groupon as well.

8. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, I'm going to throw you guys off :wink2: I LOVE Sugar Factory! I've eaten there a bunch of times and always had great service and great food. I even ate Thanksgiving dinner there a few years ago! (I even took a pic of my dinner and it got posted on their FB page.)

I'd had the triple decker club sandwich (Really good), the fried mac and cheese (Excellent), French Onion soup (unique tasting and great in recent trips. They used to have a huge clams in their shell dish I loved, but seems to be gone now. I think Sugar Factory is a great, medium priced (for Vegas) restaurant with good service and really good food.

I'm pretty much a buffet guy during most of my Vegas trips, unless I have a car, then I hit restaurants off-strip, but On strip, Sugar Factory is one of the very few I frequent. I'd advise you to use the groupon, especially for a Saturday lunch that weekend. It won't be as packed and the day staff seemed better than the night staff, to me. (I have been for every meal, even 3 a.m. drunken chowing after hitting Chateau.)

Thumbs up for me! :thumbsup:

9. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Our group attempted a late (10 pm or so) dinner there....got up and left before getting drinks. Very loud, very terrible music.

10. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had waffles there at 4:30am. Awesomest meal ever at 4 in the morning. :)

11. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to eat breakfast there every trip, until one time I had the worst service I had ever encountered in Vegas. It was totally unacceptable, and they weren't even that busy. I haven't been back since. But, the food was pretty good, and, as the other poster mentioned, the coffee was great.

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've gone for breakfast a bunch of times. it's good, it used to be better... They took a lot of the fun sweet items off the menu, now it's more of a basic breakfast menu. I go there because there is usually no line, versus the giant line at the cafe inside Paris.

Haven't tried lunch or dinner.. I'm sure its just average american food. I don't think you can go wrong with it. Nice atmosphere too.

13. mganut

mganut Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have had lunch there the past three trips including two weeks ago.

As previously mentioned the triple decker club is great and the burgers and milkshakes are very good as well and reasonably priced. We have had excellent service on each visit.

I would have bought the Groupon but it expires two weeks before our next trip.

14. shortykb

shortykb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought the dinner Groupon and went last week. I made reservations (for 2) on Open Table for 8:15pm on a Wednesday. We were seated 5 minutes after arriving.

The place was packed to say the least but the menu has really been cut back. We went for a goblet drink and they have cut back alot of the different goblets they use the offer and no longer rimmed the glass in sugar. Also the menu has been pared down considerably since I was there a year ago.

Husband had the meatloaf and mashed potatoes and didn't feel he got enough food for the price. He was still hungry after he ate. I got the Grilled Cheese and Bacon sandwich and split it with him because it was big IMO. Total bill with Groupon was $50. Service was attentive as it can get with the sold out restaurant but we had a inside view of Belliago fountains so it couldn't be beat.

Give it a shot not bad for the strip. I am a downtown girl so it was worth going to the strip for.

15. shortykb

shortykb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought the dinner Groupon and went last week. I made reservations (for 2) on Open Table for 8:15pm on a Wednesday. We were seated 5 minutes after arriving.

The place was packed to say the least but the menu has really been cut back. We went for a goblet drink and they have cut back alot of the different goblets they use the offer and no longer rimmed the glass in sugar. Also the menu has been pared down considerably since I was there a year ago.

Husband had the meatloaf and mashed potatoes and didn't feel he got enough food for the price. He was still hungry after he ate. I got the Grilled Cheese and Bacon sandwich and split it with him because it was big IMO. Total bill with Groupon was $50. Service was attentive as it can get with the sold out restaurant but we had a inside view of Belliago fountains so it couldn't be beat.

Give it a shot not bad for the strip. I am a downtown girl so it was worth going to the strip for.

16. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss the Fountain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.