1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Total Reward Comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by G33kinp1nk, Oct 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G33kinp1nk

G33kinp1nk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we got back from Vegas last week, I checked our total rewards cards for flexible dates and realized we had comps for Caesars and pretty much every other hotel. I wanted to snag it and book it for September 1st which was available, but now Caesars is not showing as a comp a few days later.

My question is, do they expire or appear randomly? We still have comps for Rio and Harrahs, but we'd prefer staying at Caesars.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    rule of thumb is when you see it book you can always cancel.

yes and no they come back.it changes daily sometime hourly , its depends on there ocupancy so if it might pop back up.

my suggestions is if you have flights booked , book a comp room you can live with then if you see the ceasars comp come back call tr and have them switch it,.ive done it all the time

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just like airfares. They move up and down daily, if not hourly. Supply and demand. May or may not be tied to your theo. Grab it when you find it.

4. G33kinp1nk

G33kinp1nk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Darn, I learn something new every day! Well, it looks like I'll have to keep watching it, but I hadn't planned on another trip until I seen Caesers with a 3-4 night comp. One would think it would still be available in September 2014, but I guess I'll keep checking back.

Thank you!!

5. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sept of next year? Things can change all over the place between now and then. You can not count on anything more than a month or so out. And even that is fuzzy.

Not sure when you next trip is, but RCs expire after 6 months. All tier credits go to zero on Jan 1st. Offers are based on play, but if you go long enough, even a big spender gets dropped.

6. Luckybee

Luckybee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nostress

You said all tier credits go to 0 on Jan 1 ea yr. We were in Cherokee this Aug. and I earned Diamoind over the 2 days and dh earned Platinum. (this was our only play at CET properties this yr. ). We were told that our status would remain till March of 2015. Is that not accurate ?

I ask because we'll be in Vegas in April 2014 and one of the properties we're considering is Caesars. Given the reviews I've read regarding people not getting the rooms/suites they've booked and getting downgraded unless they're Diamond I dont think I'll risk it without the status. We're going to be in Vegas a very busy week.

We are able to book a full comp for up to 5 nights ea in any of the towers but I'm only interested in either the Augustus or Octavius towers. If we book it with a diamond membership, would they then downgrade based on the membership at checkin?

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That IS accurate. With CET, any tier you attain during, for example, 2013, will remain in place for the rest of 2013, all of 2014, and the first three months of 2015 (thru March). If you earn diamond at any point in 2013, you will remain diamond thru March 31, 2015, even if you do not gamble another dime at a CET property.

8. nostresshere

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your booking is based more on your level of play, than Diamond status, though that does not hurt.

And, the explanation about being Diamond into next year by grosx above is correct.

EVERY SINGLE player is at zero on January 1st, but they are still getting comps, offers, etc based on past play. And of course, if they earned Diamond, etc, they still have that as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.