1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bacchanal or the Spoon?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by siguru21, Oct 16, 2013.

?

For dinner...

1. Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace

32 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. Wicked Spoon Buffet at The Cosmopolitan

18 vote(s)
    36.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siguru21

siguru21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For dinner...

Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars Palace OR Wicked Spoon Buffet at The Cosmopolitan?

2. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacchanal wins over most of the buffets anyday.

The only reason I wouldnt pick it all the time is that its about $45+ from what I recall. I'm not always $45 hungry for dinner time.

Wicked Spoon is a good choice too but I think its highest price is $35 so its a little cheaper choice and will suffice if I'm not really wanting to eat all that Bacchanal has to offer.

Money no object, even if I only eat a little.. Bacchanal of course.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I preferr Bacchanal as well. Wicked Spoon is very good and as stated above, cheaper. But overall I think the quality and selection at Bacchanal is better.

4. drfishalot

drfishalot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I like bellagio so much that I can't force myself to try the others. Did try the Wynn, it's supposed to be good, but didn't compare to bellagio. Then buccanal opened and I heard that you had long waits at food stations after the long wait to get in, and well, I'm only gonna tolerate one long wait. So I am watching this thread, might try the winner on my December trip.

5. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to Bacchanal next weekend. I will post on how it was, line, food, etc

6. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its definately two of the top buffets in Vegas, Wynn might be the only other one worth mentioning in the same category but others will fall short in comparision. I prefer Wicked Spoon but to be fair i only been to Bacchanal once. It all depends on what food you like and like any buffet some days will be better then others.

I read a review a while back and i will post the link below about the comparision between the two. Thats how i first found out about Bacchanal and after giving it a try i have to agree its very good, just not got enough for me to pick it over the Wicked Spoon who is in a better location for me since i rarely spend much time at the CP. I would go with the one closest to your location.

Link below:
    http://tomsfoodieblog.com/2012/10/15/battle-of-llas-vegas-buffets-bacchanal-of-caesars-palace-v-s-wicked-spoon-of-cosmopolitan/

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did lunch at Bacchanal in April on a Friday and there was no line at noon.

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's a good head to head review but he stated Bacchanal was only open a week when he was there. Hence the long line to get in. There have been many changes and tweaks since then (including of course the price, which has gone up quite a bit).

9. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya the lines arent as bad as when it first opened. Youre going to get your normal long lines at peak hours like most places anyway.

10. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was surprised at how relatively uncreative the food was at Bacchanal. My wife and I went once and were totally underwhelmed. We haven't gone back since. Wicked Spoon, on the other hand has become my fav. My Wife still swears by Wynn Buffet. I ahve never given Bacchanal another thought after going there once.

11. siguru21

siguru21 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks to everyone for your reviews!

12. Starz22

Starz22 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never eaten at wicked spoon but ate at Caesar's buffet in June...Once I got through the pay line...I had to wait another 10 minutes to be seated..after that I had to wait in line again to get what I wanted from the seafood line. Once I got my heated crab legs...jumbo chilled shrimp...shooters and seafood salads I didn't feel the need to go back. The rest of the food was very tasty...the lines for the rest of the food was short.... The sliders were awesome...their fried baskets were just as good. Great Asian station selection. The deserts were so much more than you could hope for. This was a one time deal for me. Even tho the food was good...I wont spend the money to wait in the lines again. This was my I did it! Been there done it!

13. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The one time I went there, there were no lines at all. It was 11:45am on a Monday in June. I finished everything that I tried which is rare for me at a buffet because there's always something that doesn't taste as good as it looks. I used RC's to pay so the price didn't sting me. I think I would definitely do it again for lunch, but the price is too high for dinner and breakfast is breakfast so you can get that anywhere for much cheaper and it's hard to mess it up.

14. burdog

burdog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did both Bachannal and Wicked Spoon on our trip in Sept. Everyone is different, but I didn't see what all the talk is re: Spoon. Wife and I were not impressed by it, although the desserts were very good. For my $$$ we choose Bachannal.

15. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the price, neither one. Bellagio is much better.

16. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, most people wont agree but everone has different taste. Bellagio buffet is pretty mediocre theese days and is pretty far from its glory days.

17. AZYankee

AZYankee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Save your money on the Bacchanal.

We just returned from a trip up to Las Vegas. Had dinner at both the Wicked Spoon and Bacchanal. We had dinner at both buffets last year and thoroughly enjoyed both last year with Bacchanal being superior.

This trip, both were below Bellagio's buffet. Wicked Spoon was overpriced for the Sunday dinner at $41+ but the food selection and quality was much better than what was offered at Caesars. The Bacchanal had numerous items listed as Chef's specials but nothing was marked nor was anyone around to ask questions. There were also many fewer items to choose from. To be perfectly honest, when a buffet that costs over $45, I would have thought there would be more available. The 2 largest offerings were potatoes of various types and pizzas. It will be a long time before I get conned into this again unless I read here first that there were some improvements.

18. hedgehog

hedgehog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how long.did u have to wait @ pay line?

19. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I eat early so lines are manageable. Bucchanel is much better, the carving station in particular.:licklips:

20. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate dinner at Baccanal on a Sunday night around 6:30. We didn't have to wait more than 5 minutes because I was Platinum (yes, there is a separate line and they let our friends come with us- I even asked if it was ok). I can't believe people are saying it wasn't worth the money. You can have anything you can imagine. We ate the most expensive items- oyster, crab legs (Both hot and cold), shrimp, sushi, and also had some mexican, meat, dumplings etc. I thought it was a terrific buffet and so did our friends. We dropped way more money at Mesa Grill the night before and at SW the night after so, for us, $50 per person was a dream (only $25 upgrade per person for me and the hubby since we had the Buffet pass). The alcohol options were good and very inexpensive for Vegas in my opinion. I drank bottled beer and it was around $4-5 a bottle. Where else can you get that in Vegas? Couldn't have been better in my opinion!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.