1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Limo to NYNY compared to other options, 6 people

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Wifarmer, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wifarmer

Wifarmer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 of us are getting into town next Wed about 8:30AM. We're staying at NYNY and leaving around lunch on Saturday. I'm trying to justify getting a presidential limo but I'm not sure I wanna drop the $. Sooooo if a seasoned veteran can help me out with some questions.

1. How much SHOULD I pay for a taxi ride to NYNY for 6 people assuming the driver isn't a prick. Also, will we all fit in one of the mini van taxi's or will we need two?

2. I HATE this slooooow option, but same question for the shuttle. Also where do they start dropping? Is NYNY at the begining or end of their drop off route?

3. From most of the posts on here, presidential seems to be the best option. Is that still accurate?

Thanks for any feedback!!

2. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the minivan taxi I assume 6 people can fit... 1 in the front, 2 in the middle and 3 in the back. It would definitely be the cheapest option considering it is one of the closest to get to from the airport, it is across from MGM.

For 6 people I would imagine a limo would really get up there.

The shuttle shouldn't be a consideration. It would be around $8 a person probably. A taxi to NY NY shouldn't be more than $15, even with extra person charges and a tip, definitely under the $48 a shuttle would cost

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You'll need two cabs. I believe five per cab is the limit per state law.

As mentioned, the shuttle is going to charge you per person so would be at least as expensive as two cabs and likely more.

I'm guessing $20 bucks per cab should cover the fare AND tip if you aren't long hauled.

Presidential's web site says their stretch limo will hold six (though some of you might be carrying you luggage on your laps). I believe it runs in the $70 (plus tip) neighborhood.

I don't know if Presidential is the "best", but I've used them a handful of times and have been very pleased.

4. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just get the limo, it's like 65 bucks

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume you are all on the same flight. If not, well....

If you are... a limo will cost about the same. Luggage will be tight.

6. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $135 roundtrip in a Chrysler 300. A little strip tour, bottle of champagne, just a little more comfort.cab will be $20-25 plus tip and you will need 2.

7. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Take two cabs, loser buys the first round.

8. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get an SUV from presidential. Will fit 6, jus as nice.
    They often free upgrade to limo.

9. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I went with a big group, we had six people and needed two limos. One for people, and one for luggage.

WAX bus ftw! :poke::evillaugh

10. pdog89149

pdog89149 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The RTC's WAX bus won't take much longer than a taxi and drops off on Tropicana next to NYNY. $2/person. But it really depends on if you don't care about saving a few bucks or just dealing with a taxi. For short trips like that, and if the bus schedule works, I'd do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.