1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bar Masa vs. YellowTail

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TrunksFull, Oct 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have dined at Yellowtail twice and enjoyed it greatly both times. Upcoming trip was planning on doing Bar Masa to try something new. Then, I took a closer look at the reviews on Yelp etc. and they are overwhelmingly negative. There are also rumblings that they are changing things (new early evening menu etc.)

I know Bar Masa is pricy and money is not an issue. That said, I'd rather spend $200 and be happy than $400 and be disappointed and I am worried Bar Masa would be disappointing.

Anyone been to both and have a thought?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at both (Bar Masa twice) and and Yellowtail (4 times)... I think both are GREAT... I prefer Yellowtail, cause I just seem to have more fun with the staff, which makes the meal a little more enjoyable. Neither place is inexpensive that's for sure and the people I know who've had anything negative to say about either is generally regarding price.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    skip them both and go to Shibuya.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Exactly. I've read those yelp reviews in the past and pretty much all the hate is because of the price. Well, the actual Masa in NYC is considered one of the greatest and most expensive restaurants in the world. Easily over $1000 for 2 people, barMASA both in NY (which I've been to) and Vegas is the more casual sister property. But of course it will still be expensive in the general sense given its flagship restaurant is Masa with 3-Michelin stars and the fact that Takayama is considered one of the greatest sushi chefs in the world.

If we didn't have them here near me, the Vegas one would absolutely be on the very top of my list to try. So if you're not as price sensitive as the average yelper I think its worth a try just given its pedigree. Shibuya is very good, but if you're looking for that type of thing I would go to NOBU instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.