1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Visitors to room in Venetian

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by CeeDee, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeeDee

CeeDee Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi
    WE are staying at the Venetian for New year, we have friends staying at the MGM, they arrive on December 29th, and we don't arrive until 8pm on New years eve.
    They intend to be waiting for us at our hotel (Venetian) when we arrive.
    Having stayed at the Venetian before I know there is security at the Lift Lobby, and you have to show your room key to gain access to the residential area.
    We plan to celebrate the new year in our room (overlooking the strip) I'm told its the best view for the firework displays. We want our friends to be with us, do we need to ask for visitors passes for them to join us in our room, or will security allow them through with a simple explanation.

2. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I can't give you more details, but I do know that on New Year's eve, many strip hotels essentially bar entry for non-guests for a few hours before and after midnight. If I were you, I'd just call the hotel and ask them about it.......

3. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can get an extra room key and give it to them. That will give them access to the elevators and possibly the hotel on NYE.

4. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had to deal with this exact situation when I was visiting a friend there not even 3 weeks ago. Yoyoseven is right-- on New Years Eve, they'll likely block the place off completely and your friends will need a key to get in. The rest of the time, they can simply ask security to call your room and verify. Takes all of two seconds, as long as you make sure to answer the phone.

EDC
  5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think from the long explanation it has led to some confused replies:

First, your friends should be at The Venetian BEFORE 8PM on New Years Eve. Its around 8PM to 9PM that the properties start to close their doors to the public so they want to be there before that happens (otherwise they can't get in).

You should also remind them that The Strip is going to be closed to all traffic, including bus and taxi, so they want to allow enough time to get down there. Taxis can be very hard to find and because of the street closures they might end up dropped off a ways from the hotel. This is a time when taking the monorail is probably a very good idea (they get off at Harrah's and then walk down to Venetian).

To actually get up to your room: thats not going to be a problem. So long as you have a room key to show and they are walking with you then they won't get stopped by security or if they do then you just have to say "they are with us" - having people go up to rooms with somebody else is extremely common so they don't need anything like a pass or their own room keys or anything like that.

One other thing to keep in mind: Liquor stores and stores like "Walgreens" and gift shops can't sell alcohol on New Years Eve so if you want drinks for the room you should have them pick them up the day before unless you plan to pay the super duper high prices of the mini bar.

6. BreakEven

BreakEven High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a time when Vegas stops selling booze? :eek:

7. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :faint: right? darn.. crazy..

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can take as many people as you want up the elevator with you. There is no reason to "call ahead" or anything else like that. That would be a waste of time.

You have some other issues to deal with. If your flight lands at 8pm, you will be at least 9pm by tme you get to the hotel, and even then, you will be coming in the back entrance since the strip will be closed.

You are assuming you will have a good view from your room. Big assumption. You need to find out which hotels are actually doing fireworks to start with, and then will you be able to see them. Until you get your room, all bets are off. Look at this overview of the hotel

You might want to think about having your friend added to your hotel reservation. Let them check all of you in earlier that evening. And then meet you in the lobby when you arrive. Just an idea.

Be prepared to have a change in plans if you room faces the wrong way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.