1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Resort Fee confusion-on my part! But still...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by win4me, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay-I guess I did not "read the fine print" :poke: Stayed at Caesar's 8/22-26 and I thought the "resort fee waived for Diamond" meant that I got the resort fee bennies without paying the $25 per day.

My friend used wi-fi one day because I told her it was included. I was charged $15 and they would not comp it- even after I explained my confusion re: resort fee "waived". Poor customer service on CET's part. Are they really hurting for $$ that badly? :grrr: It is the point, not the $15.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

HA! I read it the same exact way you did and had a discussion with the head of Diamond services about it while I was out there. There wasn't any other fine print (at least not as of 2 months ago), its just worded incorrectly. The way you interpreted it is the grammatically correct way it should be interpreted. They told me they were aware of that and planned to change the wording. Who knows if that's true.

3. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks! That makes me feel better. (I was being a bit facetious about "reading the fine print".) When I checked in (at Diamond/7stars registration) they did not explain the resort fee option and I did not ask.

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am pretty sure that is current resort fee policy at most hotels. It was at the Venetian and also Caesars and you had to pay for the services you used, which means the resort fee was waived.

5. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only stayed at 1 hotel and used the wifi that had a resort fee. It was South Point, they must have comped my resort fee . I had a comped room and my bill at the end of the trip was $4...because it was so low I didn't even look at it. I have to admit, since I have always been a CET person but haven't stayed there since the resort fee was instituted...I would have been naive enough to think that resort fee waived, would have meant that I could use it and not pay for it too. So technically what is the benefit of having it waived if you are going to use the wifi?

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i also stayed there but i asked if it was included in the waved fee they said no so i didnt use it.

only sevenstars get free internet

7. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KickinChicken-
    They have not changed the wording. I just checked the website (checking room availability at Caesar's for dates in Oct.) and it states under each room type "Waived $25/NT daily resort fee". It is actually a link and when selected you do get the Daily Resort Fee "fine print" as stated below. IMO I think "Waived" should be changed to "Optional".

Daily Resort Fee

Room reservations are subject to a daily resort fee between $10 and $25 (plus applicable tax) to be added at check-in. Resort fee includes: daily in-room high speed internet access for one device, all local calls, and fitness center access for two daily (with the exception of the Quad). Resort fees not assessed for Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars guests, but such packages may be purchased upon request with a call center agent or upon check-in.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't see the problem. Waived does not mean those services are free, it means you just are not subject to the fee. The details of what that meant are in the fine print and we talk about it every other day. There probably was also something where the fee had to be accepted before activating service. If WiFi was free or included, it would have shown no charge. Is CET hurting? Certainly, but even if they weren't, they are responsible for comping you for making a poor assumption.

9. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the beginning hosts were even told that D & 7S would receive the benefits without paying the fee. But evidently that did change somewhere along the line. I normally time mine & use every other day (late night of check in gives me till late night 2. Then wait till late nite 3 & use till late night 4.) You get the idea. So basically I get coverage at some point every day but only pay for half (since it is a 24 hour vs. a 'day').

Not sure of anywhere offering free Wi-Fi at Flamingo? Although a Starbucks is going in at Quad & maybe they will have it? I just don't really feel like hauling a laptop around with me & it would cost more if I dropped it & broke it hauling somewhere than $15! :eek:

10. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Host made arrangements for free room and not via an offer.

When we checked in two weeks ago they told us the resort fee was also waved. My wife asked if that meant free internet and they said no. If we wanted the internet we would have to pay the resort fee.

WTF?!?!?! Basically not only is the resort fee waved but so are the items.

We did use the internet one day but it did get comped off anyway.

I do agree they need to straighten it out because this type of double talking really turns me off whether it be a used car salesman or what have you.

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no. most of the time when the resort fee is waived, you still get everything that was included. that's how it works at all the Mlife properties. "waived" is not the same as "optional". what they are describing should be worded as optional.

12. Julie888

Julie888 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "Resort fees not assessed for Platinum, Diamond and Seven Stars guests, but such packages may be purchased upon request with a call center agent or upon check-in."

"May be purchased" seems clear to me, though that doesn't mean I would have read it. I did ask the first time we stayed under the new fee structure.

13. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Ok so I was wondering about that text and granted that clarifies what they mean. But it is shady as shit because when you actually go through the booking process that text doesn't show up ANYWHERE. All it says is waived resort fee all over your booking. The only way to get to that text is to click on the word "waived" which doesn't even look like a link. In fact all the other text links on the page are underlined in the traditional format. And that link is the ONLY place where they publish that important detail.

I just put together a fake booking and attached an image of the final screen with only personal details removed. I also centered the text from T&C scroll box to the only mention of Resort Fees. Does the "WAIVED $25/NT DAILY RESORT FEE" text really look like a link? Even if it does why hide the details there instead of with the rest of the text in the T&C below, where they make no mention of it?

Attached Files:

14. win4me

win4me VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Squeeky wheel....

Happy ending! :thumbsup:
    You know those stupid surveys CET sends out after your stay? Well I filled it out and someone actually read it and called me (left msg) & emailed. They are refunding my 1500 TCs. They did not say anything about correcting the website to change "waived" to "optional".

15. DonnyC

DonnyC VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is NO benefit if you are going to USE the wifi. But if you are NOT going to use the wifi then you are not paying for an amenity that you are not using...unlike us lower class card holders who pay the fee whether or not we use the amenity.

16. travelfiend

travelfiend High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not only at Mlife properties too. I recently stayed at Gold Coast and Sunset Station, with the resort fee being waived, and I had free wifi, etc. IMHO, they are playing a little loose with the wording.

17. msujen12

msujen12 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The resort fee at CET properties also includes access to the gym. At Caesars, the gym is actually very nice. As a Diamond player, you and a guest are admitted to the gym for free. Thus, I'd much rather pay $15/day for internet if and when I want it (or go down to Starbucks and use it for free) then pay $28/day (after taxes) for a resort fee which inlcudes the gym that I already have free access to. To my knowledge the free gym access has not changed.

18. TrunksFull

TrunksFull Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Without a shadow of a doubt. Had this exact same problem. This is not the case at Mlife, GN, Foxwoods, Mohegan, really any place that I have stayed except CET. It's deceiving wording to make you think you are getting something you are not.

Just another in a long list of issues with that company. Seems like they want to drive customers away and it has worked with me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.