1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Whiskey Sampler

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by VegasGarden, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I searched the forum without luck. I bet someone has reviewed it. Anyhow can any review this award for me? I already have it so please dont tell how bad is sucks !!

Thanks

2. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used this award in September at the Monte Carlo.
    Went to the mlife desk in MC, they load it onto my card. Headed to the bar (the Hit Bar), which doubles as a lounge and high limit room. The bartender gives you a list of about 20-25 whiskeys and you get to pick 4. There was a good blend of Scotches, Bourbons, Canadian and American whiskeys. There may have been a couple of Irish whiskeys to choose from as well. While I mixed and matched, you could pick 4 Scotches if you wanted to. I know I got Macallan, Crown Royal Reserve, Makers Mark and can't recall my forth choice, I went on a Friday night about 10, the bar was not crowded at all, the bartender was very knowledgeable about the spirits, I tipped very well and got a couple extra samples. It was really fun. :peace:

3. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sounds great - thank you so much for response

4. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just did this last weekend, I thought it was a good value. The bartender gives you a paper place mat with about 5 whiskey groupings printed on it. You get to pick a grouping (e.g., bourbon, Irish whiskey, etc.) and he gives you a tasting pour of 4 different brands and sets them out on the mat. The pours were pretty generous and I was pleasantly buzzed afterwards. I chose the bourbon tasting (I did not ask if you can mix and match), and although nothing unusual it was a good experience. They had Makers, Knob Creek 9-year, and 2 others I forget. The bartender was friendly but didn't really make much effort to explain each bourbon, although I didn't really ask him any questions either! Did this on a Sunday night at Hit Lounge in Monte Carlo, and it was pretty dead, but my wife and I had a good time nonetheless. She had the 2-for-1 cocktail reward from MyVegas and had 2 mojitos, which she said were good.

5. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Mike

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so how is this different from just going into the lounge/HL room and asking for a drink. drinks are always free in there and you can taste as many as you want. am I missing something?

7. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure if you played at the $100 blackjack table in Hit Lounge you could get it for free, but in this case you do not have to gamble anything to get the free tasting. Perhaps I'm wrong but I do not think you can just walk into a lounge/high limit area without gambling and get free drinks?

8. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    mostly it depends on whether you look/act like you belong. they never really ask questions in my experience, but they might if you acted like you didn't know where you were. the Mansion room has their bar and you can just walk in there and walk up to the bar and order top, top shelf stuff like Don Julio 1942 and a bunch of other tequilas I've never heard of. it's set apart from the tables, so they have no idea if you've been playing or not. there is a sign outside that says it's for Noir guests only, but nobody ever asks.

9. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like myVegas gimped this reward too because now it says "Enjoy a selection of 3 whiskeys".

10. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I may try this reward...I love myself some good single malt :D

11. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, just a mismatch. My reward also said three and I was expecting three but the bartender told me four and I didn't argue :peace:

12. VegasGarden

VegasGarden Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mike / Xizor,

any top shelf stuff like JW Blue or XR?

thanks

13. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They were not listed as choices, so you would probably have to ask the bartender and tip very well!

14. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to know, thanks!

15. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Macallans was the most expensive stuff I spotted on the list.

16. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What would be considered an appropriate tip for the sampler? Would $20 be appropriate?

17. xizor

xizor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That works out to $5/drink. I think any bartender would be quite happy with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.