1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Oakland - Matt Flynn released!

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by Joe, Oct 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Released by the Raiders. The Raiders gave up two draft choices to Seattle and gave him a guaranteed 6+ million contract, now they dumped him. He lost the competition to Wilson in Seattle last year.

Maybe Green Bay will get him back again as a backup to Rodgers. He'd probably come cheap.

Trivia: Matt Flynn & Rodgers are tied for the Green Bay single game passing record of 480 yards. Rodgers just tied the mark this season.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep! He's earned $14 million between Seattle and Oakland and had one-(1) start... I thought the same thing about him landing back in Green Bay as a back-up. It seems logical.

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe. Or I could see other teams with injured QBs at least brining him in for a workout. Unfortunately for Flynn, the book on him is that he checks down and can't throw deep. Even looking back at that big game he had for the Pack two seasons ago, there were some remarkable catches by the receivers

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nobody has ever gotten more from a huge performance in a totally meaningless Week 17 game than Matt Flynn.

5. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How lucky is this guy? 1 good game and set for life.

6. TommyToledo

TommyToledo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ridiculously amazingly lucky.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have thought all along that Tebow would end up in oakland.

i would love to see that. the irony of it would be awesome.

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Soooo true... a good QB is just of paramount importance in today's game... the days of a good game-manager ala Trent Dilfer are gone IMHO. It's a passing league and even running-backs are considered a commodity now. Get 2 or 3 of them, platoon them and change 'em out every couple years, but QB's and receivers is "where it's at". Everyone who doesn't have a "franchise" QB is looking for one and wants one bad... so bad, they'll seemingly draft guys higher than they probably should, looking to "strike gold" or elevating the stature of back-ups when it's unwarranted.

9. archie1959

archie1959 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    But if Flynn were to sign with another team this season, the money the other team pays him would be money the Raiders don't owe him.
    I am certain Raiders are hoping badly some team signs Flynn!

10. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldda thought that'd be true too, but I now think it depends on how the contract is structured... for instance, Tampa's Josh Freeman was just released and gets the whole $6 million he was owed there AND the $3 million (I think) he just signed for with the Vikings.

11. Breeze147

Breeze147 Button Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, Tampa should jump on this. They are starting Glennon against the Eagles on Sunday, who btw are starting Foles.

Thing is, I wouldn't wish Schiano on my worst enemy. Rumor is he ratted out Freeman to drug enforcers (he used Ritalin instead of Adderall) to get him off the team. Great coach, eh?

12. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep... Shannon Sharpe really jumped on Schiano las week about this and said he's lost the locker-room over this and has no respect among the players. I wonder is he'll survive the season? I doubt it.

13. Da_Nit

Da_Nit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Bills picked up Matt Flynn. He had that one good game at Green Bay, like 6 TDs and 480 yds. With the QB situation in Buffalo where everyone is hurt he might have a chance of playing the coming weeks. If he does I hope they see the GB Flynn and not one from the Raiders start.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.