1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood Info Anyone???

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by RedRiverRose, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We will be at Planet Hollywood for a while beginning Monday. Anyone have any tips or info to share about the rooms, restaurants, parking, gaming etc. I don't know what kind of room to request, they have so many different ones.

One of us is mobility impaired so low tables and accessibility are important.

Thanks for any help.

2. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Parking is the worst part of PH, especially if you want to self park. You literally have to park out back behind the mall, and then trek through it to get to the hotel. Especially not fun after a long night or with your bags on the way to check-in.

The valet is ok at of peak times, but don't count on getting your car quickly at peak hours.

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rooms: Only stayed in the Vista room and really like it. The room with the bed is pretty small but the bathroom is a really nice size.
    From some posts, the one room listed as a "suite" is basically just a large room and not really a suite.

Restaurants: Lots to choose from especially when you include the number of restaurants in the mall. BurGR is great. Earl of sandwich is very very popular. Planet Dalies is opened 24 hrs and has a good selection. Numerous options within the mall.

Gaming: a good but not great selection of slots. Their craps tables are always very crowded but you can go right next door to Paris for Craps. There is a large selection of table games. With Paris and Ballys right next door you have a HUGE selection and options of table games and machines.

4. nubia11

nubia11 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I highly recommend the upgrade from a standard Hollywood Hip to a Resort Room. The RR is much brighter (two windows) and larger.

5. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. It is very helpful.

6. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Food

Earls of sandwich
    Spice market is probably the best mid range buffet on the strip
    Striphouse cool lookng steakhouse

The pleasure pit dealer parade at 8 pm or is it 9pm is fun

7. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We really enjoyed the Chinese restaurant in there. It's a chain, but I can't remember the name. The layout of PH can be very confusing but it's really not. Just orient yourself to the main bar in the middle, and do a walk around till you get your bearings.

Have fun!!

:beer::beer::beer:

8. redsoxmom5

redsoxmom5 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amen to this!

Earl of Sandwich is a must. Planet Dailies has some pretty decent specials but their service is pretty slow. Spice Market Buffet is very good. Pink's Hot Dog's is also good for a quick snack.

9. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely upgrade to a resort room if you can. Overall the rooms are getting a little tires, but still nice. I prefer the Red Rooms next door at Paris, but I still end up at PH alot because of the dining selections and the mall, plus the shops on the corner of Harmon.

In addition to the great restaurants everyone mentioned, also try Blondie's Sports Bar in the mall. There are also a couple mall restaurants that do early breakfast specials if you get up early.

Have fun

10. KarenTN

KarenTN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in a Strip Suite in April. I really liked this room, very spacious. I was particularly thrilled with the large bathroom. There was a nice sized window between the 2 sinks with a strip view. If there is any way to get upgraded to a Strip Suite, go for it

11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Valet 100%, takes forever to get your car (since they have terrible parking everyone valets), the self-parking is really far, it's the worst, literally like 1/2 a mile walk. But usually when I stay there I valet, and generally don't really need to get my car that often, since the hotel is in such a convenient location on the strip

The regular Hollywood Hip room is pretty small. If anything you may want to see if you can get a Mountain room or a Resort room as they are more spacious and easier to move around in. It's not really much of an upgrade, but the extra space is nice, and especially if you have a wheelchair, it would be very helpful I would think! (the bathroom is larger too)

I'd be wary of Strip View rooms, there could be bit of noise coming from Cosmo across the way... if that bothers you. But you are going during the week so it may not be as big of an issue.

Earl of Sandwich is a great lunch spot. Gordon Ramsay BURGR is worth checking out if it's a manageable line (don't wait like an hour to eat there). They have the most fantastic fries! Also don't forget the great food options at Paris and Cosmo that are easy to get to. (GR Steak, Mon Ami Gabi, Holsteins, Secret Pizza)

12. RedRiverRose

RedRiverRose VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for being so helpful. The parking garage issue would definitely be a deal breaker.

13. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as others have stated valet sucks... Rooms are outdated a bit with flat panels added... $20 trick works like a charm thought!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.