1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Paradise Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Robertintx, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Brandi and I will be at the Paradise Buffett Thur. morning at approx. 9:30.
    Any recommendations on what we should eat ?

2. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a buffet, eat whatever you want.

3. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Robert,

I haven't eaten at that buffet but you need a plan when taking on a buffet. Here is my method your mileage my very: Start with a salad then try a small amount of anything that looks good to you for the entree. Follow up with seconds of the best tasting and add three types of veggies. Make sure not to overeat as you need to finish it all off with a piece of pie a la mode (or other dessert).

Good Eating!

TomTWI

4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uhhh ... I think he was asking about "breakfast" ... ???

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually I am not sure if they serve anything special for breakfast. I usually pick up a plate and stand in the line to get my eggs done, in the middle of the buffet area is a omlette "bar" where the chef can make your eggs any way you want. They even have egg whites so you can make an omlette with only egg whites. At 9:30 it might be busy so the omlette bar line might be a little longer so best to go there if you want your eggs made to order.

At the main buffet area there is scrambled eggs if you want it made that way. Other than that, breakfast is usually standard fare with a little hawaiian flair, bacon, ham, sausages, rice and other meats and cereals. There might be an area for fruits and on the side of the omlette bar there are desserts/breakfast pastries and other items.

BTW, make sure you show your boyd player's card since you get a discount showing the card.

6. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Boyd's players card ? At the Paradise Buffet ?
    And where do you get the Boyd's card ?
    Thanks

7. dedhd

dedhd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Don't want to bum you out or anything but........wife and I used to love to go to that buffet until......
    on one trip we were just finishing up and we saw a cockroach walk leisurely across the stands that hold the plants near the tables. We know that these things are in alot of restaurants so we kind of shrugged it off until .......
    on a subsequent trip we noticed a commotion at the table next to us, the manager was called to witness a LIVE cockroach in the mans scrambled eggs that he had just set down upon returning from the buffet. The manager didn't seem to phased like it was an everyday occurance, offered to bring the man another plate of scrambled eggs. Wife and I were shocked and have since never been back. This was probably the better part of six years ago so maybe things have changed.
    Bon appetit!

8. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

sorry, forgot the name of the card, for Boyd it is the BConnected card. comes in 3 different levels, Ruby, Saphire and Emerald.

hmmm, no wonder my breakfast was a little crunchy the last time I visited......Kidding :eek:

9. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there are one offs at all restaurants that would probably turn most of us off. I've eaten at Paradise several times for their buffet and never had an issue. It always seemed clean and the food is good standard buffet food. Oh, and its cheap, which is always a winner for me!

10. mraudit

mraudit I wear this on the plane!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not just head down to American Coney at the D and grab some Coneys? You can take them anywhere to eat, and they are yummy. Better than the 15 buck Omelets at the Golden Nugget.

11. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need my bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuits and grave ....:thumbsup:

12. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 Iowa Nice

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If breakfast is what you crave, either Paradise at Fremont or the Buffet at MSS will be perfect for your basic breakfast cravings. They'll have all of the items you mentioned and more and it will be under 10 bucks.

13. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bacon, eggs, hash browns, biscuit and gravy

14. Louton25

Louton25 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you should eat the little pies they have at Paradise.

15. yoyoseven

yoyoseven Grizzled Vereran

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, there you go then. You answered your own question.

16. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry -Is it Flamingo's buffet or are you speaking of downtown? At Flamingo - Hubby is a big fan of this buffet for breakfast only. The omelet station has a large selection of items to add to. They also cook eggs to order in real butter and are always perfect. I always get their corned beef hash....been very good every time we've been there. Not a fan of their biscuits & gravy though. Also, if you would like fresh toast or a toasted bagel, a section to do it yourself. They also have whipped cream cheese & lox which many do not have. Hope you enjoy!

17. gerry53

gerry53 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wife and I have had paradise buffet several times and for the cost even if you don`t eat some of the food it is worth it for that beautiful bright room looking out over the gardens.

atmosphere is important also in my opinion and food isn`t bad..

18. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bacon. And they have a cappuccino machine next to the donuts.

Be advised, on your way to the buffet you'll be approached by people in darks suits trying to get you to buy something at which time you may or may not politely tell them no thanks. After eating, you have to walk by these same people again, who will again ask you to buy something. At this point I believe you are entitled to punch one of them in the nose.

Their Kiosk is right next to the hotel elevators and it seems that everytime I stay as the Flamingo, I have to use those elevators. Really wish they would give out wrist bands or something (sarcasm in effect), after telling them no thanks the first time. It really gets irritating after a dozen or so times.

FWIW, I really don't like the food at the Paradise buffet.

19. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pardise Buffett

Do they have sea food every nite ?
    We're getting to Vegas Wed. evening and need a place for seafood, down town, since that's where we are staying .
    I've eaten at the Paradise in the past but don't remember what nights are sea food and at what time they start serving it.
    Any help is appreciated.

20. Foos

Foos High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Paradise Buffet Breakfast
    Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 10:30am $6.99*
    Paradise Buffet Lunch
    Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm $7.99*
    Paradise Buffet Dinner
    Prime Rib Night, Sunday, Monday and Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm $13.99*
    Seafood Fantasy, Tuesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm and Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm $19.99*
    Steak Night, Wednesday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm and Saturday, 4:00pm - 11:00pm $13.99*
    Paradise Café
    Daily: 7:00am - 11:00pm
    Paradise Buffet Brunch
    Saturday and Sunday Champagne Brunch: 7:00am - 3:00pm $11.99*

*B Connected Membership Price. Membership is Free.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.