1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What to do before checkin?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by pompous, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pompous

pompous Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going to be changing hotels after my first night this trip and will likely have to wait on my new room. So, while the bags are checked at the desk, normally I'd go to the pool, but I don't know if it'll be too cold or what this trip. The obvious is hit the tables, but what else? Brunch? Anything more fun and exciting?

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Is there a reason you'll "likely have to wait"? Because normally it's not a big deal to check out from one hotel and go check-in to another, at most it would be only a few hours before official check-in time which is nothing unusual.

If I ever had to wait though I would just go eat since it would be brunch/lunch time anyway. Get it out of the way. Or go pick up some sundries for the room. I wouldn't gamble then because I really hate losing when I'm just playing to kill time.

3. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Question is how long is the wait? An hour or less best idea is to grab something to eat and just people watch. If more than two hours I would just head over to the movie theater behind MGM and grab a matinee.

4. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Simple drink.

5. LV_Bound

LV_Bound Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a 5 hour flight which ends up being almost 8 hours without a decent meal, our first stop is to get something to eat.

6. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like the long range forecast has it in the upper 70's and low 80's. I'd be hanging at the pool.

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do the same thing I do after I heck in. Drink beer and have fun.

8. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would never leave one hotel for another unless my new room was ready. I always call first. I can't function in that limbo stage of homelessness. I need my possessions secure in my own room.

I know, I have issues.

9. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You do indeed!

Unfortunately, I seem to suffer from the same disorder. The only time I will switch hotels is when I can book an extra night at the first place (obviously, I'll only do this if it's comp'd) so I don't have to leave until I know a room will be ready. :rolleyes2:

To the OP: I'd belly up to a bar, watch whatever sports are on, have a few drinks and people-watch.

10. pompous

pompous Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the same way as you guys. Normally, it's one hotel (Wynn) that I stay at the whole time, but we decided to try the Bellagio this time and now last minute, we changed the flight and are coming a night early. So, we just booked Monte Carlo as a last minute, cheap option since we really won't be in till late.

I'm also an odd one in the way that I like to start my day (especially my first day) w/a run down and back up the strip (just gets me feeling great and oddly enough makes for a better/more enjoyable day). Take a shower, sip coffee and then whatever the day brings (usually never make plans). Usually I don't step foot out of the Wynn to be honest lol Maybe if it's a long wait, I'll get a cab downtown. Never been there before. Who knows...might like it even

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.