1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Always check your bet amount!

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by landsburger, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know, I know... It's obvious. I almost always remember to do this, but one small mistake has left me broke! :)

I was on a nice long and steady run at 1500 a pull. I closed and started the game back up, but it had bumped me up to 6k a pull and I didn't realize. And it just so happens that I went on a very cold run after that. LOL

(ok, so this is more of venting than a warning ;-) )

2. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forgot to add...

DAMMIT!

3. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    did that the other day, except when i hit level 70 my bet went up to 30k. I was playing excal 2 and decided to do a couple max bets thinking it was 15k and on the 3rd one i realised i only had 9k left and i look down, sure enough the bet was 30k darn it lol

4. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have learned that lesson the hard way also. Hit autospin at max bet by mistake and then when I went back in to check I wondered where all my chips went.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sucks when this happens, but I don't think I have ever fully went broke by it. *knocks on wood*

6. VegasMike

VegasMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been there done that....go to one game,play close it out. Then go back and forget to lower my bet to 1000 or so and start auto spinning 200 times and Bamm! Hit a big win (so i think). Then notice that it wasn't shareable (thinking that's odd). then notice why....I was max betting. I couldn't get it to stop fast enough :( Now I learned my lesson. Look before you leap or bet.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess what people – you can also mess up with bets at the BJ table! I remember one episode at the Imperial Palace when I was getting all bent out of shape thinking I had lost a $100 chip. Then I spotted it … underneath a couple red chips in my betting circle as the cards were being dealt. I guess I had intended to bet $15. Thank goodness I won. I made the same mistake with a green chip from time to time where I wasn't so lucky. I suspect drinking had a lot to do with it! :D

8. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch!!!! On a much smaller scale... I brought my 21 yo daughter with me to Las Vegas a couple years ago and was teaching her how to play the bar top VP machines.
    I put a $100 in for her and she started playing a quarter a hand, not the $1.25 maximum. I gave her the "always play maximum coin" speech in case you hit the jackpot and if you can't afford maximum coin, then move down a denomination. Well... she played for about 10 minutes and said she wanted to play blackjack (also on the machine)... like 30 seconds later, she says "I'm outta money"... WHA??? HOW??? She played maximum bet on blackjack, which I think was $25/hand and lost 4 hands... done.

9. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure must be nice to have a kid who listens so well! :)

10. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last night I was jumping around and let 3 or 4 3k spins go by before I caught it. Thought of this thread (and the fact that I started it) and laughed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.