1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hotel

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Mattyb, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattyb

Mattyb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi everyone,

I will be in vegas with my girlfriend, from the 7th of october for 10 days. Looking for hotel recomedations, thats not gonna break the bank but staying away from The STRAT , CC etc.

is it best to book with the actual hotel or a 3rd party, recomedations welcome.

Thanks for yout time

Matt

2. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would suggest you use a variety of methods to find a hotel in your budget. First, go to the sites like kayak or hotels.com and do a search for your dates. That should give you a rough idea of the kind of rates at the different levels of hotels.

From there you can search the Hotel Offers & Discounts here and the hotel websites and see if you can find a lower rate. Once you have a good rate, confirm it's refundable and book it. Then keep on looking.

Some of the members here are wizards of finding the deal.

You didn't mention what your budget is, but there are many mid-level properties where you can find a reasonable price.

3. rdunc311

rdunc311 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use a site like betterbidding.com to figure out how much a room at a property with a certain star level is going for during the time period in which you are visiting. This site will help you strategically make a bid if you were to use Priceline or can help give you an idea of which hotel you might get if you use Priceline or Hotwire.

4. pcfier

pcfier Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try smartervegas.com. It has promo codes and it takes you directly to booking with the hotel with the promo codes.

5. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are about 20 hotels that I might suggest, but not sure what works for you. I would say that for 10 days, I would do at least two to change things up.

If you go to many of the hotels and check their MONTHLY rate calendar, you will get an idea of rates, and which nights are gonna be high.

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What is a reasonable price? That's a HUGE trip. If I were you I'd spend some time researching, also maybe switch hotels, you can probably stay somewhere nicer during the week and then something cheaper over the weekend.

My go to budget recommendation is usually Luxor. Here's a promo code. 10 nights is 777.00 for a Tower Room!! That's sign haha ;) (1,071.84 with resort fees and tax, $903 for a Pyramid room), the tower rooms are nice and remodeled. I stayed in one this year and liked it a lot. I would be happy there for 10 days personally.

https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?pid=LUX&host=promo&show=rates&code=LE91813N&kbid=335345&sub=YDYFG!W!LE91813N!US

If you are really looking for rock bottom prices Excalibur $701 with resort fees and tax..
    https://reservations.mgmmirage.com/bookingengine.aspx?host=promo&pid=EXC&show=rates&code=XFBNR13&kbid=335345&sub=YDYFG!W!XFBNR13!US

Everything else, except the Quad is going to be quite a bit more. Even Bally's and Monte Carlo are a lot higher. The weekend is killing it, that Luxor deal, almost half the price is 2 nights..

I found these deals on smartervegas.com

7. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We would be able to better help if you told us what budget you were working with. :poke:

8. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another option would be Monte Carlo. Join their Facebook site and it has a post for Society 96 (or something like that) which has a link to a better discount than you can find on the hotel website. I would suggest you do this for any of your prospective hotels, it's an easy way to find better deals than they are traditionally advertising. TI does the same and is a more budget friendly property.

9. Mattyb

Mattyb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the information everyone, i know 10 days is long but were coming from the uk so gonna make the most of it as i doubt we will be back again for a few years - family commitments!!!

looking around $1200 not a big budget but we paid $2050 for flights so gotta be abit frugal .

really apreciate the advice

matt

10. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your from the UK I'd trying booking through virgin holidays. The prices will include the resort fee.

I got a week in nyny for £820 each inc flights, Taxes, resort fees etc and if your 10 days only has 1 weekend it won't be much more than that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.