1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

hi priced drinks at Cosmo

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by prodaddy, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prodaddy

prodaddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was staying downtown last month....while playing low limit blackjack at the Cal, I struck up a conversation with a young fellow who - with widened eyes- reported to me that he paid 11.00 for a rum and coke at the Cosmo bar.

Can anyone confirm that for me? If I walked up to a bar in Cosmo (not gambling) they would charge me 11.00$...?

2. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds about right for a well drink, a more elaborate cocktail would be more like $16. This in line with other luxury hotels in major cities.

Cosmo actually does comp very high quality and expensive drinks to bar top VP players, tho

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never drank at any bars at the Cosmopolitan, but drinks at some Las Vegas bars can be expensive (and clubs even more expensive).

Like for beer: while a cheap joint might charge $1-2 for a bottle of beer at the bar, another place might charge $7-9 for the same brand of beer.

4. Grasp

Grasp Low-Roller

Yup, seems like a pretty standard price for the higher end strip properties.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, sounds about right to me, but i have never done the bartops at cosmo and listening to the bar prices for the suckers who buy them. It's why you always gamble while getting your drinks! :drunk:

6. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, that's low almost. There drinks are very expensive, and they have a lot of fancy craft cocktails. It's a 5 start resort, the prices are definitely 5 star. You're paying for the opportunity to drink the Chandelier! haha. I'd say their drinks range from $11-20

My low point was paying $14 for a malibu pineapple at the Wynn haha.

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As mentioned...yeah, that's probably correct.

Also, as mentioned...Cosmo will comp you good booze for slow playing quarter VP at the bar. So slip a twenty in the machine, play slowly and order the good stuff (tip well).

8. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    years ago we ordered a round of capt/cokes at the center bar at the rio. i was floored to find out the price of a single-shot drink was $9 each. that was nearly a decade ago. at that rate that makes the cost of a 1.75L bottle about what, $350? nice mark up.

so $11 for a rum/coke in 2013 at the Cosmo, doesn't surprise me at all.

off topic: when i'm playing blackjack at a $5 table at the Orleans and order a capt/diet, what are the odds that 1/2-shot of booze in the glass is actually capt. morgan, somewhere between slim and none?

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    that sounds low to me ,i would say around 14 is avarage to me

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya I was gonna say $11 sounds pretty cheap to me.

11. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds about right.

I have paid $15 drinks on the Wynn terrace and $18 drinks at Mandarin Oriental and loved every minute of them.

However, the only 2 times I've ever felt truly ripped off is paying $22 (not including tip) for two SPRITES (no alcohol) at the center bar at the Mirage and paying $42 (not including tip) for 2 mandarin vodka/redbull LOWBALLS at Bellagio....

12. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This past trip I stayed at Cosmo and ended up spending every night at Bond. Met some great bartenders. Like others say, play some video blackjack (low volatility) or video poker and you get those great drinks for free (like others say, tip well)

13. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ya $11 is on the lower end. Thats normal to be in that range though. Not just in Vegas but many other places. I know Hollywood, Downtown LA, most of Socal and many nicer end restaurant bars are going to be that.

The only time you're going to get a mix drink like that under $10 is probably at a dive bar or some local small bar elsewhere.

Drinks like that can be in the $11-18 range.

I dont know why many are surprised about those price... and even complain.

Have you ever been to a Baseball game or some other event at your local sports complexes. Beer is $10-14. You dont hear many flinching at those prices. But when it comes to coctails, you hear it all. LOL.

14. MrSandsman

MrSandsman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I think I paid $14 for a scotch and coke there in January. After a few rounds of drinks I was very quick to suggest moving the party over to Hooters.

15. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're not up to $10/beer for games here in God's Country, but I have often wondered, if you walked into a liquor store and the price of every 12-pack of beer was $84, would you buy one? That's how much your beer is worth, on the low end, at the major league ballparks. And it's a privilege to be allowed to buy one there, don't you forget it!

If I win a major lottery jackpot, I'm investing my money in a bunch of liquor stores. Those places rarely go out of business.

16. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I won a free drink from their promotion last time I was there, valued at $14. Felt like I had to buy my girlfriend of the same drinks. Really expensive, but also really good (and strong). And yeah, TIP. The lady who served the free drink to me said she had given over 20 free drinks that day and I was the first one to tip her. That's not ok

17. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staples Center for Lakers games, you're spending easy $100-200 per person for ticket and food. We took our kids to a circus in the Staples Center and Cotton Candy was $14.00 LOL.

Its not all like that of course everywhere, just places that know they can get away with it. Where you are in MN, I doubt people would pay for that so they cant charge that high. Business is business and if they can get away for charging a certain amount, they would. If I was on the other end I would too.

18. -(J)-

-(J)- Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Who really knows.. but Ive thought about this too.
    I wondered if some of my Jack & Cokes are actually a cheaper whiskey (and pepsi!)

When you get it from the bartender playing bar top VP you know what your getting.

19. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That sounds a little low. We went there in July and 8 drinks for our group was $117 w/o tip.

20. prodaddy

prodaddy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the price to be seen and see top notch 'hotels' is never too high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.