1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Question re: one low play trip

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Vegasstar33, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi, just got back from Vegas. 4 nights. Main purpose of the trip was to get my friend to Platinum status. I'm already Platinum. I was not intending to stay on my comp as I just wanted to gamble on her card but we could not get any rooms at the Aria for the weekend on my friends card so we had to use mine.

She was at 91k tier credits at the beginning of the trip and at the end was at 203k. She earned Platinum status.

So even though I used my comp i mainly gambled using her card to get her to Platinum. Start of the trip: 209k tier credits and the at the end 269k.

Question: did i gamble enough on my card to keep getting good offers or did I just screw myself? Is my friend now going to get good offers? Her previous offers were not very good: 2 nights sun-thur, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

2. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One low play trip isn’t going to kill your offers...you might see a small drop in FP and/or RC but you should still get about the same...

How about a more descriptive thread title next time also...

3. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I worked too hard today, as I do not get it.

You said she was at Platinum, but you played more on her card to get her to Platinum???

4. mephisto2000

mephisto2000 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was on your card, correct? So you earned 60k credits. Using 30 TC per $ theo means you earned $2000 theo over 4 days or $500 per day. I think at the Aria that is about the expected level of play for room comp.

5. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, no my friend was gold with 91k tier credits when we got to Vegas.
    We both played mainly on her card and at the end of the trip her card had 203k tier credits giving her the Platinum status.

How much Theo did she earn? Do you think should will now get better offers than her usual 2 nights Sun to Thurs?

Thanks!

6. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They just gave you the equation...30 TCs per $1 theo...

But I'll do the math for you

203k - 91k = 112k

112k/30 = $3733.33 Theo

One low play trip wont hurt you much and one high play trip wont help you much...

She might get slightly better offers but it wont be anything crazy...I would expect comped room any day of the week instead of just Sun - Thur

7. Vegasstar33

Vegasstar33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohh duh...sorry :(

Thank you very much for doing the math for me...i just got back from Vegas and the lack of sleep over the 4 nights is my excuse for the dumb question :)

Thanks again!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.