1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Fremont in December-questions!

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Jane42, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi! My sister-in-law and I will be staying at the Fremont the first week in December. I have never stayed, but we did play there quite a bit last year and was comped three days.

The one room I saw seemed small. Are there different rooms. Since I am being comped but then paying for three days, is it ok to ask for an upgrade and, if so, what should I ask for.

I have only been to Vegas once....really a newbie!!

Thanks!!

2. PrincessaMyron

PrincessaMyron Low-Roller

The infamous. $20 trick

When you fo to check in, fold your stuff like this:

|drivers license, folded $20 bill, wit your credit card underneath.

Tha basic theory is to fan the cards out upon checking in and hope the event is savvy e ought tonpicknup on it!

They keep if they can comp the upgrade nd should return it if they cannot! Well worth the gamble in my worls!

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they have rooms with 2 beds, they have got to be bigger, because there is no way 2 beds would have fit in the 1 bed room I had.

4. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, all the rooms are small and the bathrooms even smaller. Not to burst your bubble, but I doubt you'll be able to pull off the $20 trick there, but it never hurts to try. I got upgraded to a suite a few years ago, but haven't had any luck getting it in my several stays since. Good luck!

5. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've read that in upgrade downtown is easy with a $20 tip.

I am sure this is especially the case in December unless it's convention time.

6. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pretty sure I won't be brave enough to try the $20 trick...I hate rejection! :eek:

What types of rooms do they have? I am sure we are given the basic room - is there a type of room that you know that would be an upgrade? We know we don't want to be right on Fremont due to the noise - but other than that, I have no idea what I am asking for.

7. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've had better success by wrapping a $20 around the DL/CC so its the first thing they see and simply ask for what kind of upgrade you want. No need to be descret about it.

8. HAWJOHN

HAWJOHN Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You hit it right on the nose. Prior to swapping to MSS, Fremont used to be my home hotel for at least 10 years, visiting 3-4 times a year. The original rooms can only fit one king size bed. If you desire a larger room, ask for a room with two Queen Size beds. You will then be assigned a room on one of the wings. The bathrooms are still small, but the rooms are clean.

I do not believe the 20 dollar trick will work at any of the down town Boyd Hotels. Please let us know if you try it and if it works.

9. GrtWitHntr

GrtWitHntr Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like everyone has said, the rooms at Fremont are small. The 3 times I've stayed there they've been clean and comfortable but from what I've found there's no getting around the size of the rooms in regards to asking for a specific room# or style of room unless you can get into one of their very few available suites.

10. Canary54

Canary54 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never asked for an upgrade at the Fremont...I'm not brave enough either! My last several stays (each with 3 nights comped), I was told as a single, opting for a room with two queen beds was not an option.....that I'd have to take the smaller, single room. The smaller room isn't an issue for me....I just wish there were more vanity space in the bathroom. However, the restrooms in the double queen rooms aren't any larger.

I always ask for a room near the elevator since I have mobility issues, and they usually put me a door or two down from the elevator bank. I'm sure if you request a room away from the noise of Fremont Street, they would accommodate your request without a problem.

11. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I always ask for a high-up room toward the back to escape the noise and have always been accommodated. In fact, John at the desk knows me well enough that I don't even have to ask anymore! That doesn't guarantee dead silence, but it's a heck of a lot quieter than a room toward the front or god forbid, facing the FSE!

12. Jane42

Jane42 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, everyone!

I am definitely hoping there will be no problem getting two beds...I love my sister-in-law, BUT.......lol

I really did like the Four Queens when I was there last year, size of the room was perfect - but even though I know I gambled more at 4Q than Fremont, 4Q only offered me one comped room per paid room. My husbands just laughs at how cheap we are - not willing to pay a little more to have the room we would rather have!

We look at it as exploring the other hotels....but, yes....we are cheap! :wink

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.