1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Where to stay for grand canyon??

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by sweetcanadian, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are going to the grand canyon while we are in vegas. Williams hotels seem to be a bit more expensive than flagstaff but flagstaff is a tad more out of the way. We will be staying 2 nights and might have the evenings to explore the town a bit as we are going to hoover dam one day, then onto the hotel, grand canyon the next day, back to hotel till 11am then back to LV.

If you have stayed overnight on way to GC or been to either before where would you stay?? Obviously flagstaff has more places and more to see & do, but not sure that extra 1/2 hour is worth it or not.

2. ck601

ck601 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we went to the bottom on the mules, we spent the night before at the little motel right there in the grand canyon, cannot remember the name off hand, but it was very convenient.

3. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We spent the night in the Grand Canyon at the Thunderbird Lodge.

Sema Show
  4. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't want to stay right there, i would rather be a bit closer to vegas the morning we leave, plus with staying 2 nights i want to be able to explore a town. a bit.

5. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed in Flagstaff twice

It's not that far,maybe an hour 15 minutes,if you can read a map theres a easy drive there that puts you at the Eastern entrance to the park,hardly any lines there.
    Also Flagstaff is 45 minutes from Sedona AZ,a great place to visit.
    Embassy Suites in Flagstaff is a nice hotel.

6. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info, will look up that place. i wish we had time to check out sedona but i want to get back to vegas lol.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flag's a great little town. Good museums, range of eats, bit of nightlife, pretty setting. NAU used to run a lodge/hotel through it's hospitality department and we stayed there several times. Too bad it's gone. We did a BnB last time but the name is just escaping my aging brain at this moment. Anywho, go with Flag.

8. sweetcanadian

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the imput, always hard when one has never even been to the area. I hate planning trips without knowing much about the towns, even when doing searches lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.