1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Rio/Palms

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by jamesnoon, Sep 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone.

Going to Vegas end of November. Me and 3 mates from UK. We are all 30 but are here predominantly to drink and party and experience the best Vegas has to offer for a week.

Obviously going to spend a lot of time on the strip, visit downtown and do as much Vegas stiff as possible. Such as a cirque shows etc.

Any way, to the point, I've heard good things about some of the bars in palms and Rio. Ghost bar, ibar and voodoo longue etc. However, considering how much we want to fit in, is it worth deviating from the strip to check these out?

Also, do these have favourable black jack conditions vs the strip? Can you get a decent $5-10 game at these places?

2. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    James, a few weeks ago the Rio bj tables were almost all 6/5 payouts at $10 min I believe.I did find one 'regular' table at $15 min.and a few were open at $25..The 6/5 tables were pretty busy..
    Sure take a cab one night and check out the Voodoo Lounge maybe even Penn and Teller but I'd avoid the Rio for BJ.
    Have a great trip!

3. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Between the 2 you're asking about, Palms has it over Rio for "party bars". As was said, Voodoo Lounge at Rio is nice but they used to have a small charge to go up to the 51st floor. Don't know if that's still the case, but I imagine it is. A word of caution....both Palms and Rio have dress codes for men for these bars. I'd call ahead to get updates on what the dress code is.

I think you'll be hard pressed to find $5 blackjack at either. Maybe $10 in the mornings. Again, as was said avoid Rio like the plague for blackjack. Not sure of the rating for playable 21 at Palms.

Bottom line....if you're only going to make one trip over, I'd do Palms over Rio.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.