1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Get rental @ airport or on the strip??

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by joeynym, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am renting a car from Enterprise rent a car on my upcoming trip. it is about $40 cheaper on the strip vs. the airport but i would need to take a taxi or shuttle to the enterprise on the strip so it is basically the same price.... but for convenience which would u prefer?? My last trip I had to lug my luggage onto a bus to the rental building which was kind of a hassle... I will be staying for 9x days so will have 2x full size luggage and 2x carry-on's.

2. jamon7

jamon7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely on the strip. Its so convienient to just throw all your stuff in the taxi and they take you right to check in at your hotel. And coming back to the airport you dont have to worry about getting your car back to the rental center. The taxi will let you off right at your Airline.

I dont know where you have rented right now but usually at Treasure Island (Dollar Car Rental i think) is usually cheaper than anyone else. Good luck!

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How?

I have always heard of people finding cheaper car rentals on the strip than the airport, but not once in many many years have I personally ever been able to do that. For instance, a rental @ Dollar Treasure Island for my upcoming trip is $172. At the airport, it is $130. It just makes me wonder what I am doing wrong. I always check, but just can never even get it close. It would save me a trip back to the airport sometimes when I go the first day without a car, but for $40, I will make that trip.

4. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are sticking with Enterprise then I would pick up and drop off on the Strip location. I've never done it but I hear it is much easier, and if I think about it they seem right. I would rather pick up at the hotel and not deal with the airport car rental center if the cost was right.

I, however, choose the lower cost car rental companies and they do not have hotel locations, only at the airport center and satellite location. I stick with the airport center if it means saving over $100 to $150 on renting a car.

But if the hotels ever chose a budget company to partner with, like E-Z, Advantage, Payless, etc, I would choose the hotel location in a heart beat!

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked Budget at the airport vs. DT. I know OP mentioned strip but I'm looking for myself too. There was no difference in price. I know the rental center is a pain but you're saving 2 cab rides and I hate cabs, lol. But if you're not using a car every day then it's a wash.

6. jamon7

jamon7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well personally I wasnt saying its cheaper to rent on the strip vs airport. Im just saying for time and convenience its SO much easier taking a taxi vs fighting the car rental center. Especially coming back to the airport. And the poster said they had a lot of luggage. I would take the taxi.

Now when i said Treasure Island was cheaper I was talking about strip car rentals. Not vs the airport.

7. jamon7

jamon7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "But if the hotels ever chose a budget company to partner with, like E-Z, Advantage, Payless, etc, I would choose the hotel location in a heart beat!"

Advantage Car Rental is at all Boyd locations in Las Vegas.

8. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for all the comments.... I have a corporate discount which is really good thru enterprise so I am sticking with them regardless... its just that satellite location was so much confusion, hassle and lugging the luggage onto that bus.... But the best part of the satellite location on my last trip was we were able to go right to In & Out Burger right away!!!!

9. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the car rental center because you have a choice of cars (at least with Alamo). I usually poke around all the available cars to find the combo of things I like, such as only 1 key, I-pod connection, outside temp guage, local plates, and most importantly, RED so I can find it.

10. joeynym

joeynym Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    me too except for the red part... LLast year I choose the 2012 Corolla over the chrysler 300 mainly because of gas... :) it was actually very comfy, had bluetooth, all of your requested features and was cheap at the pump... but lets see this year...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.