1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booked at The Downtown Grand

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by ruralhipster, Sep 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I caved and booked at The Downtown Grand for Halloween and the first weekend of November. I am bringing my niece so if I get my usual offer from the elco (cabana suite) we will each have a room but at different properties. I'm hoping the DTG doesn't have any delays in opening. My niece is excited for Slotzilla to be open and wants to do the tourist thing with a yard drink from Mermaids. I'll make sure she does those in the right order. Tickets for Tosh at the Mirage Friday already booked and I think Absinthe would be a good idea Sunday night. I'll probably get a comped room at the M for Sunday. I love this stage of the Vacation where all the plans are starting to come together.

2. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guess you will be the first from here so take good notes. I booked my flight in August for lasgt week in feb, and the rates have doubled for my times. I held off on the room rates though cause they sometimes drop down.......and thy went up $100! Can win them all!! I keep monitoring prices and the rooms drop more often than the airfares so I'm staying vigilant.

I am staying with a friend first night at the Rio and heading downtown (I think)for 7 nights at the EC. Booking.com had the best rates bt went up but I can get it a bit cheaper from EasyClickTravel but penalties are worse. I'm watching.

Jimbo 338

3. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got the Downtown Grand booked for Nov 5 and 6. There is a trade show in town and my company is paying. I may never get to stay at a "new" hotel (especially since I am a comp chaser) and the Downtown Grand is half the price of Harrahs those days (even with my TR card).

Its a win/win!

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  4. buffalo

buffalo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know for a fact if they have a parking garage at the Downtown Grand?

Orbitz says free parking if you're a guest but not sure if they got a garage when they got the property.

5. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wondered that as well. A couple weeks ago while I was down there, I was looking at the garage thinking that they had not done much work on it to make it match the hotel. I am pretty certain they got the old garage with the hotel though, and it has been being used by the other businesses. It was in horrible shape when the hotel closed. Elevators didn't work for about the last year it was open, and it was one of the only places downtown where I did not feel safe. Stunk inside, dark, dank. Just plain old bad, even by downtown garage standards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.