1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

iOS 7

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by USCHawks, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody here upgraded to this yet? If so, how are you liking it so far?

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, I ran it last night.

I haven't had much time to explore it all yet but I like the new look.

One thing I cannot figure out is how to close the aps. Before you double tapped the home button and then closed the aps. However now when you double tap it brings them up and I cannot figure out how to close them. When now they appear as open windows too so you can swipe between them and as soon as I touch whichever button at the bottom of the screen it opens the ap.

3. 2smooth

2smooth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really liking the new look. I have a glitch where it shows that I have one new email even though I don't. I've spoken to some friends and they have the issue as well. There's also a glitch to bypass the lock screen, so beware.

4. Sklem211

Sklem211 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To close the apps in the new multitasking view...swipe up on the images of the apps and they will disappear.

5. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent thanks

6. crappie_man

crappie_man Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep on 2 devices, and Ipad and an Iphone 5. Pretty painless, but it did take quite a while.

Love the newer look. Things seem to load quicker.

7. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good question....I am techie challenged and have been hesitant to update it on my iPad.

So what are some of the major differences I will notice? (I still am resistant to change.)

8. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From a typography and iconography point of view, everything.

From a usability / familiarity point of view, nothing.

9. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did this on Wednesday. Upgrade terminated with an error so I had to go through a whole fiasco figuring out how to connect to Apple's authentication servers so I could restore a backup. Ugh, ended up being a mess.

+1

10. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I asked this question on my FB page as my friends and adult children know my limits (after all, I do still own a flip trac phone). It sounds like 50/50....some hate the upgrade and some say it is not that much different other than the color.
    I am going to hold off until I get together with one of my buddies who has downloaded the upgrade and see if I like the changes.

11. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I broke my cardinal rule and downloaded it right away (Wednesday evening). I usually like to wait a week or so and see what the reviews state and if there's any bugs. It took a good half-hour, which was still less than many were reporting. When I looked at it I wasn't impressed, but after a couple days of using, it's like anything else... I've already forgotten it was ever any other way. I ordered the new IPhone 5s (mine's a 5), so I was gonna have to get used to it anyways.

12. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I like it. I installed it on all my devices a couple days ago and was a bit shocked by the look. I paid zero attention to any news about it so didn't know what to expect. But while I've become pretty indifferent to the new look, I like some of the new features.

The new control panel you can swipe up from the bottom is awesome. I've always thought they need to have a quick way to turn on airplane mode, wife, calculator, flashlight, etc. Same with much quicker iPod access.

I like that there is no limit to how many apps you can have in a folder. No more needing to have things like "Games 1", "Games 2", etc. You can put as many apps as you want in a single folder.

I like the new camera features and the new photo gallery. Pretty cool.

I just used the new Airdrop feature today and it is really cool. Its great if you want to transfer a bunch of pictures or something to someone. Sure in the past you could have texted or emailed them, but this is much faster and easier.

The new multitasking interface is really good, still not ideal but much closer to a true multitasking process than they had before.

That's all I can think of right now, but there are more things I'm sure.

13. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I downloaded it the day it was released and I've updated 4 mobile devices so far.
    I'm still tweaking it and getting used to the few features but I'm liking it more and more.
    I've told a few friends who are still holding out that eventually they'll have to update anyway.

14. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume that those who play around on their phone/tablets a lot probably like it or at least don’t hate it like I do. But, I’m a Luddite and I buy Apple products because they are incredibly simple and I never have to bother learning anything. And while this system does seem to be fairly easy to learn…it does require more “learning” than any of the other Apple system’s I’ve used (at least for me).

Plus, I hate the look. I feel like I’m carrying around some seventh grade girl’s Hello Kitty Trapper Keeper.

15. gotavegasjones

gotavegasjones VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Updated this past weekend. Update message said it would take 11+ minutes. Closer to 30 minutes. Pretty ambivalent so far. Seems to run some programs and apps quicker with a smoother transitions. The new graphics look ok, but I'm not a fan. The icons look smaller. Probably just me liking what I was used to seeing. I'll adapt and like it just fine eventually.

later, GVJ

16. lvmb

lvmb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's an App for everything these days! :evillaugh

17. Aftermath

Aftermath Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Upgraded my old iPhone 4 with iOS 7 yesterday. Now I'm stuck at the unlock screen and can't get past it. :mad:

18. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to be the Debby Downer but from what I've heard the iPhone 4 doesn't have the juice to run iOS 7. Technically it works but it will be very slow. They say you can't turn back but if you google hard enough you may find a method.

19. 9wishes

9wishes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have the iPhone 4 (the second one released after "antennagate", but not 4S) and it works great on it. Had a bunch of app upgrades stacked up and they downloaded and installed super fast. However, there was a slight lag a couple of times, but I can handle a few nanoseconds, nothing that would make me think I needed to upgrade to iPhone 5. I'm waiting for 6ish..lol. Have too many accessories that go with my 4 and I love it anyway.. So far I like it, but I usually do like new stuff. Like that its brighter. Love that pull up menu.

20. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny what one person loves, another hates. I hate the swipe up from the bottom feature, as since upgrading - I've accidentally done it about 100 times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.