1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Insert coins

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by jamesnoon, Sep 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesnoon

jamesnoon Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody ever been here?

Thinking about coming here with my mates to play some of the old school games. Then maybe smash them at FIFA. Does it cost the earth? Do you need to pay crazy bottle service to play latest games?

I think we will almost certainly check this place out but wanna know what we are letting ourselves in for.

2. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went back when it was open during the daytime hours. I do not believe they are open days anymore. They had a few vintage coin-op machines scattered throughout the bar and they had plush tables with a mutlitude of home/arcade style games. Think NES S-NES TurboGrafix16 N64 Etc. etc.

Not sure if it has changed as I'm not much of a night time club goer at 35 I am just too damned old to be hanging out with all the 20 somethings playing games I have no clue how to play anyway.

3. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My friend used to tend bar there, so I've been a couple of times. Drink prices are reasonable but last I was there, they did have a cover on Fri & Sat nights. Sorry I can't tell you how much, she always put us on the pass list.
    If they have bottle service, I never saw it. We just sat at the bar and drank:beer:

4. Paulie_D

Paulie_D Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe their hours are: Wednesday to Sunday: 8 p.m. – 3 a.m.

http://www.insertcoinslv.com/contact/

I will be visiting 7th or 8th of November

5. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went twice in the later afternoon back when they kept those hours. First time, it was a lot of fun. I really enjoy old school coin operated games and the drink prices were very reasonable. Second time I went, a lot of the games had fallen into disrepair, so it was disappointing

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  6. Vegas Insight

Vegas Insight MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I have read recently suggests that several of the old school cabinets are not working on any given day. And I'm not surprised that they're not open at 5 p.m. any more, I stopped in there during the afternoon last fall and I was the only one in there. I realize there's not a crush of office workers looking for happy hours all over downtown, but not one person was in the place.

It's a bit off topic, but I have to wonder about the viability of this place. They opened a second location here in Minneapolis, less than a year ago. They already sold out to an ownership group that changed the name of the place, but is still promising gaming as part of the "party."

If you make it, let us know, as I'd be interested to know your thoughts on what it's like today.

Me, I'll have a rental car, so I really need to check out Hi-Scores, https://www.facebook.com/HiScoresLV.

Of course a stop at the Pinball Hall of Fame is mandatory each time I visit, and I'm a big fan of Flipperspiel Wunderland, http://vegaspinball.com/ as well. Not sure where I'm gonna find time to visit them all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.