1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas: Things I didn't know before I started

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by landsburger, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I read a fair amount, I thought I'd post a few things I didn't realize or fully understand before I started the game, but have since learned. Not sure if it will be helpful, but still...

AUTO-SPIN: You hear about people having the slot games auto-spin in the background. What I learned is that you can't do this to start - you have to unlock various levels of auto-spin. It starts at 10 spins and goes up to 200. After two days I'm at 25.

The other thing that happens is that the slots have pop-ups and mini-games that require you to click or play things, so if you hit one of those your auto spins stop for the moment. (some games seem to have less of these, but I'm not experienced enough yet to know how much it varies)

LOYALTY POINTS DAILY CAP: I didn't know there was a 24 hr limit of 2k LP that you can earn from game play. Not huge deal for some, but I was doing really good and could have earned much more yesterday (you still earn some in other ways). I understand the cap was once 7k. Too bad. That obviously extends the time needed to earn and might eventually end my interest in the game.

That's all for now. I'll add more as I learn more.

Thanks to all who answered questions and got me started.

2. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play angry birds as it doesn't have as many bonuses and sometimes can go for a while. I played on 200 a spin if building hotels and 400 if i wasn't, now i play higher than that.

My advise to you if you haven't thought of it already is to stop playing once you hit your 2k points, lps are the goal so it is pointless to play when you are not getting them.

3. Jade88

Jade88 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought i would stop playing after spending my LP points on my Oct trip, but when i am board i find myself playing it again..LOL

4. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chips per spins seems to default to Max when you log in.

5. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did these - then noticed that after I had bought 3 rewards, I tended to be getting a lot more LP's in my daily spin/grab from the hotels and less chips.

Now I have another 30k LP's and have noticed that there are some rewards (Monorail, Sugar Factory etc, basically anything that isnt under one of the hotels) that I can buy without hitting my 3 in 90 days limit, so I'm playing again and gonna use to buy monorail passes etc.

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is only 3/30 days, so if your trips are at least 31 days apart you can use other rewards, just not the same ones you used the 1st time.

Getting more lps has more to do with your level, i get way more a day than my husband but i am 20 levels ahead of him and did not get them when i was still in the 40's.

7. Adam

Adam Creepy Vegas Friend

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in the UK - I'm lucky if I can get there once a year! :)

8. sco5123

sco5123 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Things I did not know:

1. That rewards would change.

2. That rewards would change without notice.

3. That rewards would not only change but would rapidly increase.

4. That rewards would not only rapidly increase in (LPs) cost but would also decrease in value. (eg 20,000 LPs used to get 2 free weekdays at Luxor upgraded Tower room; now 18,000 gets you only one night within a very few *bonus* dates in the basic room)

5. That resort fees would eventually be added to "comped" rooms

6. That rewards would become limited within a certain timeframe.

7. That rewards would become broadened in scope.

8. That rewards were legit (this thing actually works...for real! :D)

9. That I, a low-rolling low-comped player, would receive comp rewards on multiple trips (room and shows--my fav rewards)!

10. That I had stumbled across the best comp system in history!

9. bshowell

bshowell VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll also add make sure you have the max amt of friends. My chips increased greatly after this. Log in every day at least just to spin. And join one of the chip share groups - every time I get a shareable bonus I post the link for people to click on so I get my max share bonus.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.