1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Express Comps expiration Q?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by jenblase, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

I have about $32 in express comps and $16 in Point Play for MLife. I know the comps expire in a year but nowhere do I see the exact date on which these comps will expire. Any ideas?

2. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your tier credits (points used to determine what tier you are) expire every year in October, your ExpressComps and PointPlay don't expire unless you don't play on your account for >12 months.

3. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

Right, and it's been almost 12 months exactly since I've played at an MLife property, so that's why I'm trying to find the expiration date. I was in Tunica last September but can't remember the exact dates, although it was right around now. I'll be in Vegas this weekend and want to plan which day I should go to an MLife prop, so that I can use these comps before they expire!!

4. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your trip is after your 12 months, you're SoL either way. If your trip is before your 12 months is up, it's probably safest to just go and run a couple dollars through a machine at an M life property the first day you get there that way you don't have to worry about it.

5. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call a MLife property and make a reservation using your MLife account number...pay the deposit...that will show some activity on the account so your ECs wont expire before your trip next week. After your trip just cancel the reservation and get the deposit refunded...

6. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so does it mean if i went last oct and not planning to go til this dec, i simply call them and book any room on any date before end of oct. then call them again to cancel and it'll trigger some activities on my mlife account. so all the comps and tier points will still valid? if this trick works, it'll definitely help a lot of people who don't go there yearly.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you went Oct 2012 and are not going to be back until Dec 2013 then that will be over 12 months of non-activity on your MLife account...and your ECs and PointPlay will expire

If you call any time before Oct 2013 and book a room (and pay a deposit) for anytime after your Dec 2013 trip, then it should show some activity on your account...you will get 25 TCs for each dollar of the deposit.

Then after your Dec 2013 trip (after you use your ECs and PointsPlay) call and cancel the reservation

I have no experience as to whether or not this will work...in theory it should...but without knowing the inner working or the MLife computer system I can’t tell you for sure.

But what do you have to lose by giving it a shot? If you don’t try it then you lose your ECs, if you try it and it doesn’t work then you lose your ECs...

8. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it's actually a very good tip if works. i'm actually going there next month. booked the room directly through the hotel, not mlife. it doesn't show any upcoming trip under my mlife account. i wonder if i should call them and let them know i'll be there next month.

9. KingBBInLV

KingBBInLV High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just called up MB to inquire about some rates for a group of rooms that I need, the rep said I can reserve the rooms with a CC but the card won't be charged at all (so no deposit necessary), the card is just used to hold the reservation so I don't think the above will work to keep everything active.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hotels take my card for "deposit" during the reservation all the time. Rarely does it show as a charge on my card.

11. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before I started getting comp'd rooms they would charge the first days rate to my CC when I would make the reservation...

bigsuv---There is no reason to call and inform MLife that you will be there next month. Hopefully you gave them your players card number when you made the reservation...if not you should call and have that attached to the reservation...

12. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'm sorry but that's what i meant. i don't think they have my players card number. the thing i don't like about hotel reservation now is they let you book online but you have to call to make changes or cancel. i can't even see the details of my reservation from the confirmation email. i guess this way is to avoid people keep booking and cancelling prior their trips.

13. JustNgo

JustNgo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just e-mail to cancel my reservation. The only place I've run into an issue where I couldn't call to cancel is The Signature.

14. bigsuv

bigsuv Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i've never cancelled any reservation by email before. unlike car rental, the email contains all the details, including price and taxes. but hotel reservation email only gives you the check-in and check-out dates. a phone number to call if you have questions. that's about it. it wasn't like that back in the old days.

btw, why couldn't you call to cancel at the signature?

15. jenblase

jenblase Low-Roller

It *is* a very good tip, if it works, so that's why I tried it.

I booked the cheapest room possible for a random date in October, that cost me $33.60 for the one night. I see that it is pending on my credit card. Now, whether or not this ties up with my MLife account remains to be seen, although I did book through MLife.com. After my trip this weekend I'll cancel the reservation.

I did read somewhere else that regarding the 12 month expiration rule, comps don't expire until the *end* of the month, so like if you last played Sept. 17th of 2012, the comps would be there until September 30, 2013 and disappear on October 1st. I've also read reports of them not expiring at all.

So I'm hoping that, via a combo of comps not expiring until the end of the 12th month (rather than the exact date) and by virtue of me making a deposit on a room for a phantom trip, that when I get there on Sunday, my express play and point play will be intact.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.