1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Phoenix help needed please

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Sep 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SWA is running a decent sale if you fly on Halloween so we were thinking about just doing a quickie trip to Scottsdale.

We have always rented a car in AZ but I was thinking this time since we're not golfing, just forget it. I've been Goggling, but can't find transportation options from Sky Harbor to Scottsdale.

Any help appreciated finding like a round trip shuttle, or ballpark price on cab fare, or???

2. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know there is always supershuttle from the airport just outside the doors.

3. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, I would check with the hotel you are staying at to see if they have a shuttle that picks up from the airport. I have always rented a car since it is like 25 mins or so to Scottsdale, and you are also more mobile once you get to the hotel to go out to dinner at night or sight see.

For a great steakhouse, try Mastro's. Two locations in Scottsdale - one in old town, one in the Civic Center. A little expensive, but very, very good.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying, Joe? I can see not having a car if you plan to hunker down at a resort that has all you'd need, like Westin Kierland or Fairmont, or if you are in old town, but even w/o need to access golf, the valley remains a far-flung Enterprise.

The few times I've shuttled I've used resort-provided service.

5. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at the Hyatt House Old Town. Found out they don't have a shuttle, but contract with Scottsdale Sedan for $27 each way to and from the airport.

I like having a car, but we do enjoy walking and know Old Town fairly well after 3 trips, so unless there is another option, $27 each way doesn't sound too bad.

VegasBJ, we will look into Mastros.

6. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like dessert, try the warm butter cake. It comes with a side plate of fresh whipped cream that is about a foot high!!

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And I'd also put in a word for Dominick's in the Quarter. And we always pop by Oregano's when over there. Albeit both would require a taxi.

And since we're sending Joe all over, Flo's for Asian-Chinese, Blue Adobe and top of the list, Barrio Cafe. Plus Pizzeria Bianco for the BEST pizza in America!!! Did I hear Richardson's re-opened?

OK, it's part of a Big Corporate Syndicate, but in Old Town, Bandera, and Cowboy Ciao.

How's Roaring Fork after McGrath's departure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.