1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Hacks me off...

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by KKB, Sep 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got a LOVE ticket (DH got one too), $50 MC food credit and then I got both the Aria buffet for 2 and Sirio antipasti. DH was trying to rack up enough for Sirio & then I would get mine refunded & we would use my Aria buffet (as I can only redeem 3 rewards at a time).
    WELL...Sirio is GONE, and that Aria buffet is CRAZY in price now...
    Sigh...hate lines, DH isn't a big buffet fan (me neither, but him less), so will probably hit Sirio, refund Aria.
    Cannot justify spending points on BOGO (SO many coupons around strip) or free drinks (I drink free while gambling anyway--and the amount of time to redeem doesn't offset anyway)
    We get comped rooms & actually have quite a few comps for meals at CET properties, so I guess we will just continue to hit a Cirque show each trip on MLIfe. (Zumanity last trip).
    SOOO...Zarkana or KA for the next trip?? (or maybe we can pull enough for O...)
    It is nice to get free tickets to Cirque shows for a bit of fun here...but the changes are maddening when you set a goal & it shoots out of site...

2. da1chifan

da1chifan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it is a bummer, but no longer surprising with the game changes...

And yes, there are BOGO coupons all over Vegas, but not for 90% of the places with offers in MyVegas, so IMO, it is still a good thing. :)

3. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BOGO isn't worth paying for...

I can eat just as well for less elsewhere....
    Oh, well, if something seems to good to be true....
    I suppose as more people accumulate more LPs, they almost have to, especially if many are not paying for chips.
    In April when they began jacking with LP prices, I was SO close to 2 Zumanity tickets. I realized if I bought $39 worth of chips, it would push me up to have the chips to buy them immediately. Glad I did--they bumped the price up quite a bit the next trip.
    I keep deliberating buying $19 worth now....but it doesn't seem to be a lock that it will get you the 4th reward, so like I said, will just refund the one we don't use.

4. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since it sounds like you're not happy with the quality of the available rewards, I'm not sure why you would even consider buying chips to be able to get a 4th reward.

5. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I find it fascinating that people can get upset over a free game that gives out free rewards.

6. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My question is why are you even contemplating buying more chips when most of what you have said has been so negative. If you can stay at x for free and eat at y for less there doesn't seem to be any reason to purchase chips. Even if it was as it was prior to May, whereas you would get an extra reward, why would you even want another "overpriced" reward?
    They are still tweaking the LP for reward prices so the game can continue.
    I don't get free rooms so I enjoy having the option of spending some free time on a free game. I know they changed the mirage "two night" 3 days before I hit level 100 to unlock it...oh well, so now I'm staying at Monte Carlo :)

7. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought a shirt at sears. it was on sale. Normally $40 on sale for $20.

I went back 2 months later to buy another one but it was regular price.

Sometimes when you go to the store, the item you want is not on sale any more.

8. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm happy with everything I got. It was free. What's to complain about? My husband and I both manage to get the dinner buffet for 2 for the lower points though.

Sema Show
  9. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Free? Good.

I got 4 free nights at the Luxor just by clicking my mouse.

Complain? Never.

10. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    lamo that's awesome. After that post this thread needs to be closed.

11. Snotick

Snotick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What if the discount store down the street has the same shirt priced at $20 every day? Maybe it's buy one for $40 and get one free.

Or in the case of MyVegas, many of the BOGO rewards are available to the savvy traveler without spending hours/days playing the game.

Play or don't play. Each person has to decide the if they are getting value in return for their time.

12. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My teenage son has been watching me play, he says I would be better off getting a part-time job.

I'm starting to think he might be right. Wife and I have both put in some serious time on this, yesterday was our 11th day of playing. We each have around 20k LP. I figured at some point our daily LPs would start to accumulate exponentially but its kinda been the opposite. The first weekend we easily found links for free chips (the 1k/2k type) but now we have exhausted the easy stuff.

We send/receive gifts with the new friends we've made through the FB group and we harvest our strip as often as possible but it seems unlikely that we will have any significant reward, especially with inflation.

I'll keep trying.

13. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL @ thinking you put in "serious time" after your 11th day of playing! :rolleyes:

14. theshaah

theshaah High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been playing "The Game" since a couple of weeks before christmas of last year. We are now at Mid September making about 9 whole months of playing. I have seen Zumanity and Zarkana and just got a ticket to see Love for my trip next month. Previously to that I had only seen Ka and thankfully that was for free from a friend who has an inside connection to cirque shows because he used to date the director of sales for cirque. So in 1 years time I have seen 4 Cirque shows all for no charge. My favorite price.

I have 400K loyalty points to redeem still. I have somewhere around 1.8 million chips. Last week I reached level 165. I don't spend nearly as much playing the game now as I did when I started but I play for higher stakes.

After I see "O" and Believe the only two shows I will have not seen for free are Mystere and the new Michael Jackson show. My friend said he'd hook me up with free tickets for those shows as well.

I like that the game gives free rewards for using your spare time to play it. Some of the rewards are worth it while some just aren't. You have to decide if it's worth your free time to play a free game for free rewards in Vegas.

For me...since I don't pay for airfare, if I can get free hotel rooms and free shows and a free meal out of it...it makes it VERY worth it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.