1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

UGG, research

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Planning my spring trip. Wanted to book Aria, but the rates went up already from what I seen the other day. (was 99, now 153)

History: Have stayed at NYNY in both a regular small room and a Jacuzzi suite (2002), Stayed at Excalibur (2005)in a standard strip view room and finally Flamingo (2011) in a petite suite, iv stayed at other places, but lets stay with-in the times I went since turning 21.

Let me add, I am consistently playing myVegas trying to earn a free night at Aria but right now here are what my options are limited to (As I want to stay south strip this time and under 100 a night and want a room with a view):
    Monte Carlo deluxe room: 68/night or strip view 85/night
    NYNY: Either Park Ave or Madison Ave strip view average 85/night
    Luxor Pyramid Spa suite 75/night
    Excal: Contemporary Tower King/View 56/night

Due to size, MGM is not on my list. I considered Mirage but rates are higher than my 100/night and Treasure Island is not posting rates past December.

What are your thoughts on said rooms/properties? Iv not been to any of them since 2005, never made it past Cosmo in 2011.

2. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you get a Tower Room at Luxor? Those are very nice, and decently updated.. I stayed in one in March. I'd be wary of anything in the Pyramid as they are very outdated and super awkwardly shaped (I don't know about the suites, but I would assume the same thing). That would be my pick! I love having access to Mandalay Bay.

I'd say away from NYNY and Monte Carlo because of all the construction going on with the new Park project. It's already a mess, can't imagine it'll be better in spring.

Overall though, with the exception of Excalibur, I think they are all pretty similar, just a matter of preference.

You've checked Smartervegas.com and everything right?

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have checked smarterVegas.com and the rates I'm getting are off the mlife website

4. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Depends what you want out of your room.

I have excal booked in april, so far just deluxe but going for the contemp king. I have seen recent pics and they are decent rooms. IN the range or normal places that i am used too. The pools look ok, children should be minimal and the food court is all i am after, no fancy restaurant for us. So for our needs it will be fine.

Normally i pay more than $100 for a room but i don't want to this time. The more i save on rooms the more i have.

Contemp king goes for cheaper when they send out the 20% though, i found just on the excal website, not through mylife the contemp deluxe king is 48 a night fyi.

5. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had no complaints with my room last time I stayed at excal, other than Vegas, im a super 8 kind of guy. Only thing luxor has going is the hottub in the room. Never stayed at Luxor or Monte Carlo. The reason for the price increase on the mlife site is due to the room having a view

6. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i would then go back to excal, you think you will use the jacuzzi but anytime i booked a jacuzzi suite it barely got used.

I still found rooms cheaper on excal site vs mlife, right now non refundable are 25% off, least in the emails i have been getting.

7. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand that you want to get your trip booked. But from my personal experience....We go every spring. I ALWAYS find the best sales around the holidays. Book what you feel you can afford for now...just keep watching smartervegas. Every year I find great sales tend to come out around Christmas time. You can book now and then cancel and rebook later. I'm sure you know just go with a cancellable reservation. Same thing goes for airfare. I usually hit my best SW sales around the holidays. Maybe because many people are tied up with the holidays and less people are online trying to book their vacations.

8. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The view is not a concern for me. Stayed at Monte Carlo MDW 2012 and the basic room was fine. According to reports Q2 2014 is when the construction will be completed over there.

You may also want to check Southwest's vacation packages as I had very good luck for MDW 2011 booking flight and hotel for Aria and 3 other times since. Tried everything to find something cheaper going flight and hotel separately but couldn't. Only time I don't do SW Vacation is if I stay at a CET property due to the great comps/reduced room rates they give us.

Hope this helps.

9. FormallyTD

FormallyTD Big Time

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Check out The Signature @ MGM and their rates.

They have very nice rooms for the dollar you pay and I would imagine the two rooms below their 1 BR Balcony Suites are around / under $100.

10. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great feedback everyone. I was going to book yesterday but have held off pending more research. I had no idea prices dropped for spring around the holidays. Typically I book a month out, this is the farthest out over ever planned

11. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was just looking at the rewards in myvegas and the aria is still 99k for the midweek comp room bonus and the comp room is 165k i think.

12. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been playing just over a week and have near 20k

13. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $153 is still a great rate at Aria if you book via FHR or Virtuoso. I always stay at Aria via Virtuoso because you get ~$135 in comps, one category room upgrade (based on availability), and a guaranteed 4PM check-out.

14. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never heard of these sites

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.