1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Don't try to sleep at the Cosmopolitan

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ICallHimGamblor, Sep 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ICallHimGamblor

ICallHimGamblor Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just got back from a weekend in Vegas. I stayed at the Cosmopolitan for the first time because they sent me a two-night comp. I can tell you I will never stay there again.

As soon as I walk into my room on the 38th floor, I can hear the thudding music from the pool party. Distinctly. Loud. I immediately sit on the bed and call the front desk and ask for a room change. They tell me there are no other rooms, but the music should stop at Sundown. I ask specifically if this is going to be a problem at night and they say no.

My friends show up in town and I am up until 4am, so I miss any issues. Unfortunately, I am also unable to take a nap the next day because of the next pool party. So I fight through it until 11pm and want to go to sleep. I get to my room and they have lied. There is a pool party complete with music I can hear in my room and light show and everything even though they directly told me this would not happen.

I call front desk demanding a new room, and they say my only option is to go higher. I agree, pretending not to know how SOUND works. They move me to the 68th floor and I specifically ask if my key will work because I am exhausted and don't want to mess with them. They tell me my key has been transferred.

Incompetence strikes again: my key doesn't work. Exhausted, I go to the phone by the elevators and ask security to let me into my room. FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER this woman waddles around the corner and acts all inconvenienced and after another five minutes of mumbling into her lapel microphone, lets me into my room.

I can still hear the stupid pool party. Seriously.... how do these people not get inundated with complaints every night?

All day Sunday is another pool party distinctly audible in my room, so no nap. I am miserable all day and physically becoming ill from exhaustion.

No pool party on Sunday night and I sleep twelve straight hours.

Checking out on Monday, I spazz out on the poor manager about my VERY UNSATISFACTORY stay, and he offers to take off the TAX on my paid night. THE TAX.

Seriously... screw this place. Maybe it is different on the Bellagio side, but 60 hours without sleep is too much.

There should be a warning on the website saying "WARNING: ANY PICTURES OF BEDS ARE FOR ARTISTIC PURPOSES AND ARE NOT MEANT FOR ACTUAL SLEEPING".

Since here is no warning, I am providing it. Don't book at the Cosmopolitan if you are expecting to sleep. If I ever step foot in there again, it will be because I have been dragged there by an asian supermodel who has promised to let me defile her.

You're welcome.

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. Had you gotten a fountain view room, your experience would have been very different. it is very unfortunate that they could not accomodate you, leading you to never want to step foot in there again.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, in their defense, you are trying to sleep during the day, that isn't their fault... Cosmo is a small property, the rooms are right on top of the pool.

But I had an issue at Planet Hollywood because Cosmo had a loud outdoor party all night, and they were apologetic, but said it's legal and they have the permits to do it. So annoying, we moved to the other side for the next night.

4. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be at Cosmo in 23 days. I admit I'm a bit nervous, after staying at vdara my past 3 trips.

5. Grasp

Grasp Low-Roller

Stayed there for two nights last month and did not have an issue. Of course, I wasn't trying to sleep during the day...

Easily one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Not a great gambling joint, but besides that, wow!

6. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever slept there...
    Who has time for that anyway?

7. Royal Flusher

Royal Flusher Savvy Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's at the point now where I don't travel without foam earplugs. Many, many rooms in Vegas are noisy these days, whether its trains at MSS, the FSE bands, the clubs at Wynn/Encore, or the dragon/wizard show in the Dickscalibur moat. (Do they still have that?)

8. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like you had the same complaint about the Wynn. Next time avoid hotels that have 2 of the biggest clubs in vegas.

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Actually sounds pretty good to me because I can only sleep when there is some noise coming from outside, otherwise I toss and turn for hours.

But yeah sounds like it really blew for you, Cosmo has such a small footprint that nothing can be spread outwards, only upwards.

10. Tellafriend

Tellafriend MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't care where you stay, if you rent a room you should be able to rest without hearing a party whether at the pool or for that matter next door.

11. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I understand it is a party city and everything but I check into and pay for a hotel with the expectation of getting a good sleep.

Now most of the time I am drunk enough that I sleep with a quickness and am dead to the world for the three-four hours of sleep that I seem to get nightly while in town.

However I would be pissed if I had this issue. And if the hotel doesn't mention it at check in then they should. That way at least you have time to confront the issue there and potentially switch up.

Offering to comp the tax is a slap in the face.

Sorry you had such a shitty stay.

12. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was not pool party noise you were hearing.

That was the vegas gods telling you that you were in bed too early.

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Damn kids... GET OFF MY LAWN!!!

14. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Off topic, but ICallHimGamblor is the best name I've seen on this board....well done sir :beer:

15. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its like that at a lot of places my last flamingo stay i could hear the music from pure at ceasars, still slept like a baby

16. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats a big cosmo issue .

belive it or not on mondays theres a hotel guy with a db meter monitoring how loud the club can be but on weekends all bets are off its a party place.
    i feel sorry for people who want a nice hotel and a place to sleep becuase realy isnt it .
    its a party place with loud thumping music.

i just went to the pool to see a concert and those rooms have same problems.

thats why at the hardrock always take rooms not facing the pool unless you wont to be disturbed all day and nite

17. Mitkraft

Mitkraft VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Count me in as one who believes a hotel room should be quiet enough to sleep in. It should be entirely unacceptable to have the types of noise levels that some places have. This could be mitigated if clubs were required to keep their noise either enclosed or below certain decibels. I can't ever remember being in a club and thinking to myself "this music just isn't loud enough, they should turn it up."

18. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The bf and I were just discussing this on our trip. We were sitting off to the right side facing the stage at Carnival Court at Harrahs. I looked up and saw an entire tower of the Quad. From one row of windows, you could actually touch the canvas roof over the Court (if the windows actually opened) I am sure you could get approx 4 hours of sleep, from 5am to 9 am. :evillaugh:evillaugh

19. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for this to happen I believe you have to go to the pool party :wave:

20. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have to agree....that's exactly the main reason we're at Bellagio this trip and not Encore. Between the EBC and XS the place is thumping 24/7 it seems. I will say at Encore, you at least have the choise of taking a north facing room that is pretty quiet....that has a lovely view of half constructed junk.:rolleyes2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.