1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Placing a future bet?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by laurafromWI, Sep 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurafromWI

laurafromWI Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Okay, so I know these will be a really dumb questions:rolleyes2: to some of you. But I know nothing about sports betting. That being said, I want to place a bet that the Packers will win the Super Bowl. Can I do that so even though it is so early in the season? And if they do win, how would I get my winnings?

2. hundth

hundth Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes you can. You can make this bet year round, even in the off-season. The odds always change depending on how a team is doing. If you were to win, you have 180 days (i believe) to cash the ticket. You are able to do it by mailing it in, but that's not nearly as fun as going back.

3. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, you can make that bet.

To get your winnings you can either cash in the ticket in person if you plan on being there within a few months of the SB (be sure to check to ticket for expiration...I believe they're usually good for 90 days after the event - but DON'T take my word for that). Or you can mail it in. There will be an address and instructions on the back of the ticket. Easy peasy.

4. liteman

liteman Old Timer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found the Plaza downtown to have the best odds. They vary between sports books. As of Sept. 3, GB was 9/1 meaning you win $90 for each $10 you bet. On the back of my slip it states you have 120 days after the event to collect.

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought about placing a few futures bets when I'm there in October, just to give myself a reason to go back if I won :)

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They're very good about cashing old tickets. Most places give you 6 months but will cash them anyway up to a year or longer. Especially for lower amounts they're not going to be sticklers.

7. meatwad

meatwad Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked around Labor day weekend odds for Packers went from Caesars & Gold Nugget 8/1 the M had them 10/1. These #'s from the sheet that I kept. But they change Check around.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Definitely shop around. Right now my on-line site is 12-1.
    If you are downtown, our experience is Plaza & Four Queens usually have the best odds on prop bets and the Nugget usually has the worse. We get lazy and don't always make it to ElCo to check theirs.

GO PACK! :thumbsup:

Can't help you if you're on the Strip.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.