1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Vegas visit

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by mike2051, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am a British guy visiting Vegas for the first time in November. Myself and a friend are there for 5 nights and want to make sure we maximize our trip by going to the right bars/clubs first time round. We are a little overwhelmed by the what's on offer and the mixed reviews these places seem to get. Can anybody help with some advice? What are the best pubs/clubs? Is there anyway to avoid the endless lines? We are staying at the palms.

2. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board Mike!! You might want to post your question regard clubs in the Entertainment or Nightlife section so the knowledgeable folks can help you out with suggestions. Hope you have a great trip!!

3. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you coming with a guy or girl?
    What nights will you be here?
    what kind of music do you like?
    what is your budget?

4. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. We are two guys, arriving on the Wednesday afternoon and staying for five nights. We are quite easy when it comes to music and we have a reasonable budge, but by no means excessive. I hope this doesn't sound to vague. Thanks for your help.

5. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Strip clubs?

If your looking for entry look at most clubs 20-50 depending on night and what club. I'm sure you could get a 1 bottle minimum or $800 minimum if you want table.

6. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Personally, if youre new to Vegas, I feel getting a table is too much right away. I would roam around the club and enjoy it for what it has. Dancefloor, outdoor area, diff bars all over, etc. Having a table limits you on some corner of the club and since you're paying for the real estate, you dont really want to leave the table.

Each club has its own DJ, entertainment line up. So read up on each ones schedules as it nears your trip to see who's there. If you like that type of music, some have presales so you can get your tix online in advance. Much easier than trying to get thru the general admission lines on a busy weekend.

7. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My fiance and I did her first LV trip a few years ago with just us and we did pre sales for the clubs and also did the club bus tour 1 night. It was her first time and I wanted her to get the most out of the trip. You only get an hour or so at each place but for a newbie it was a great way to see more for less.

FYI, you can drink on the streets while in Vegas so make sure you pre game a little as prices are ridiculous. If you want to save a little go to www.vons.com sign up and set up a food delivery to the hotel. Free for firstimers and they sell everything including beer and alcohol. We tipped $10 and he brought everything to the room for us on our July trip.

Must do clubs: The Light and Hakkasan hands down. Go pre sale tix. Nothing compares, check out their websites.

For a more low key inexpensive experience night check out Carnival right next to Harrah's. Outdoor venue that does live bands and dj's on the stage with a dance floor area. Also centrally located so you can take in Bellagio water show, Volcano show at Mirage and Pirates Show at Treasure Island. There is also a tram that runs along that whole side of the strip. Pay the 12 bucks for the 24 hours and you won't have to do as much walking or pop in and out of hotel locations while walking some of the strip. Trust me the strip is LOOOONNNNNGGGGG!!!

Fremont Street has a pretty nice more low key bar/lounge scene. Here's a map of the area:

http://www.fremontstreetbars.com/fremont-street-las-vegas-map/

Review of the ones we hit in July: DCR is very lounge oriented more Chicago jazzy house vibe, great mixologists. Vanguard more EDM/dubstep. Insert Coins is a video arcade geeks wet dream in a dance club. All of them size wise would be considered lounge size but less crowded and good drink pricing vs. the strip. Mermaids was $1 draft $3 everything else at the bar.

Because you are staying at the Palms you'll be cabbing everywhere to the strip so you'll prob have to do full day on the strip, cab back to shower etc, re cab to the strip for club(s) and re cab back to crash. For happy hour on the strip take a look at Todd English's Pub in City Center/Aria and The Pub in Monte Carlo. If the pools are still open try to get an outside table at The Pub which is alongside their pool.

Good starter list for you. Hope this helps.

8. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. That's very helpful. There should be plenty there to fill five nights. We were already looking at the club crawl, so will get that booked I think. Thanks again.

9. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    when u going Mike? Me and my brother are going on 13th Nov from Gatwick. Cant wait

10. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm highly against most of the club crawls. Moat of them take you to the not so higher end places. It's good if tour on a budget to see 3 or so nightclubs, but I have had more people do them on Fri night and then call for a single higher tier club on Saturday

11. worldtraveler661

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Im not for the club crawl either. Theyre going to take you to the Tier 3 and lower clubs. Its like searching for the best places to eat at a certain city and they take you to #50 out of 100 on a list. You can probably have a nice time, but its not the best of places to try and check out.

12. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going on the 6th Nov. for 5 nights. We get back the day before you go. I will be able to give you a few tips when I get back.

13. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were planning to go on the club crawl on the Friday night. Think it will be a good laugh and a good way to see a few clubs in one go. I think it finishes at Pure in Caesars Palace. We got a Groupon voucher and it only cost $30. We thought maybe go to Light nightclub on the Saturday. Is it any good?

14. jam13rel

jam13rel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

Cheers Mike, i hope you have a great time.

Really is no place like it.

15. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the feedback I have heard and read is Light is the place. Didn't get a chance to hit that one this past July.

16. lasvegas_limo_driver

lasvegas_limo_driver MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Light and Hakkasan are the places to go right now. Light is only open Fri sat nights right now, unless a big convention is in town. Hakkasan is awesome and is my favorite club right now. Mainly cause its open almost every night and is busy. Expect to be surrounded by a crowd of people all night

17. Carlany2

Carlany2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  18. worldtraveler661

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ya try it out if its that cheap. Not much to loose.

Light, Hakkassan, Marquee and XS are the top spots right now. For sure there will be a good looking crowd in any of those any given night.

I'll be in Vegas Nov 2-10 for work( SEMA convention), about same time as you guys come in. We usually party every single day lol. Theres a club open any given night. If not a usual opening day, it'll be a SEMA party at one of the clubs.

19. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
  20. mike2051

mike2051 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. Are the SEMA party's pretty wild?
    We have found a club called Revolver at Santa fe. Do you know it? It is ladies night on the Wednesday, so was thinking of giving that a try on the Wednesday. Downtown followed by Hakkasan on Thursday night, the club crawl Friday night and Light Saturday night. We are planning to buy tickets beforehand. Tickets for Hakkasan were $100 for the Saturday. Light was about $40, so decided on that. We just need something for the Sunday now and we are sorted.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.