1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Finally staying downtown!

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by macker69, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasmacker

vegasmacker Canadian Ambassador for Sully's Bar

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just not sure where yet lol. So gaggles got an offer for flight and hotel for 2 to Laughlin from CET and was nice enough to let me come along. I ended up getting a river view room comped via total rewards website. However our last stay in Laughlin was not exactly the best ever. We got told at Aquarius that we were not allowed to cheer when we were winning. This came after I have my buddies high fives after hitting aces with a kicker...gaggles was asked to leave Colorado Belle after gaggles swore once, let me add that it was 3 am and there was more stuff then customers. Then at Harrahs gaggles and I were yelling at each other around the corner cause we both had big hits. Security told me to keep it down or we were outta here. I said its 4am are you really gonna kick out a platinum and a diamond player. He checked both are cards and told us we could do whatever we wanted just don't swear. The next night we went to Vegas and ended up in MGM Grand playing the lions share machine. We were loud, swearing and gaggles was climbing up on the machine, while a security guard laughed while giving us a thumbs up and the waitress was binging them faster than we could drink them.

So got a little off topic there lol. Anyway we got a host downtown who works for Golden Gate and the D. He sends a limo to pick us up on the strip and take us to his place for a night of gambling every trip. He always inquires as to why we don't actually come stay...well I'm pleased to say we're finally gonna do it. Not sure if we're staying at the gate or the D just left it up to him, so we shall see. Really looking forward to a couple nights downtown!

2. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are yall Canadian hillbillys going to be out there?

3. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know how you feel about Laughlin! I have been asked to 'bring it down a level' before - however, it was our whole table - and we had two 75 year olds also whooping it up, though - LOL!

I am going to try a stay downtown for the first time next trip - it is starting to grow on me - with the easy access, better gambling conditions and party atmosphere - we found ourselves there for a few nights during our trips anyways.

I was going to go the same route as you - the D or the Golden Gate - I do not have a host, however, after a couple of nights of $50/hand Pai Gow at GG, they are starting to send flyers for free nights now.

Let me know how things go in the land of Laughlin and the downtown Vegas - sounds like a potential exact trip if CET gives me a flight junket.

Make it a good one!

4. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    October 11-13.....or at least that's the rumor. :wink2:

looks like we are just gonna miss you by a couple weeks :cry:

5. Jinx

Jinx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can't wait to hear how the trip goes, I just booked my first long DT stay at the D for 2 nights in December.

6. unomas

unomas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be staying downtown first time too oct 9,10 & strip for a 11, and 12. Be cool to meet up with you guys even to just say hello to another VMB member.
    :beer:

7. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The D! The D!

Stay at the D!

It's so loud in there that they'll never hear you swear!! :thumbsup:

8. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got a call from the host yesterday. Room at the Golden Gate is booked. Two nights of downtown Vegas. Hell yeah

9. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope there's a trip report.

10. vegasmacker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live I'm sure

11. ruralhipster

ruralhipster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So at Harrah's Laughlin you can come in with a guns, knives and other miscellaneous weapons and start a brawl and firefight but hollering and high fives is where they draw the line?

Enjoy your trip downtown

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.