1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What shoes do you wear walking on the strip?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by gailk, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gailk

gailk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last time we were there my daughter and I got horrible blisters. She was wearing flip flops and me New balance. Neither of the shoes were new.

any ideas ?

2. Steve1212

Steve1212 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have very similiar problems as my skin is very soft and no matter what I do or buy I tend to get blisters or cuts on my feet. Depending on when you are going I would suggest if it is cool enough to get a pair of ankle walking boots made of suede or soft material. You should not get any blisters from on the back of your heels. Always take polysporin and some bandaids.

3. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    typically, I pack very light. Usually a large backpack for a 3 day trip, so I limit to 1 pair of shoes and flipflops (Teva Mush are awesome). I will wear the shoes on the flight and put the flipflops in my carry-on.Typically the shoes are Sketchers/Dockers or a similar casual shoe (almost a sneaker). Something that is comfortable but won't keep me out of some locations. Last time I actually brought some gel inserts and they really helped.

4. pink_paradise

pink_paradise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My mom and I both wear croc flip flops. Wore them for a 10 day trip to Vegas in July and escaped without a single blister. We love them!

5. Sisyphus

Sisyphus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I used to have problems until I tried a shoe with better arch support. Since then I've had absolutely no issues. Based on everything else I tried the support was much more important than how soft the insole was.

6. robert m.

robert m. High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good jogging shoes.

The trick is to make sure that they are broken in well prior to the trip.

7. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nike shox

8. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    crocs...or dawgs ...very comfy

9. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Always been New Balance for me and never a problem. However, I should clarify a bit as my recent strolls up and down the Strip have been severely curtailed due to COPD/emphysema.

10. flamingogal

flamingogal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Merrell sandals or clogs. Only shoes that don't hurt my feet or back. Before I injured my back I could walk all day and night with no issues. My Asics are only good for short walks

11. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vibram five fingers. Wear a good pair of Injinji micro socks and use powder. Sure they are ugly as hell, but your feet will thank you.

12. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have plantar fasciitis in both feet. Years of being on my feet at work, and also a tremendous weight gain over the last 5 years caused this. I tried everything and nothing worked until I discovered Aetrex shoes. Changed. My. Life. Pretty expensive (not much more than New Balance though) but they offer great dress shoes and sandals for men, and my wife loves their shoes for women.

check them out at www.aetrex.com

While in Vegas I wear the Grammercy Fisherman sandal in black, the Grammercy center stich and slip on, as well as the Largo sandal.

13. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will have to try them. They have a pair of clearance runners for $65. Pretty reasonable for a good shoe.

14. Gino

Gino "The King of Inappropriate."

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jump on it, that is a great price!!! Aetrex is in love with pricing about 85% of their shoes at $129..At least for men anyway. I'm sure there is a shoe website where you can get them cheaper - I'm just too lazy to look, and afraid of knock offs.

15. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several people mentioned New Balance as if the company made just one model of shoe. Not so. The cheap ones are -- ready? -- cheap. The expensive ones are excellent.

When I had plantar fasciitis, a good local shoe store suggested NB 926 with a set of high quality pressure relief insoles. Now they're up to model 928 I think. The shoes cost around a hundred bucks, and the insoles run another $35-50. My symptoms disappeared instantly and never came back while I was wearing these shoes. They even come in black or brown so you don't have to look so much like a tourist when you're out walking. These shoes last pretty well but the insoles need to be replaced occasionally.

My other walking around shoes are the original Keen sandals. They offer great support, wear like iron, are waterproof, and don't look dorky. Also around a hundred bucks a pair, but I still have my first pair four years later. Accept no substitutes. Knockoffs look similar but are not made the same.

Crocs are fun but they do not wear well, and when the soles are worn out, they become dangerously slippery.

16. jackincols

jackincols Guest

Thing I've always liked about New Balance is they have many styles in EEE, which I need.

17. Jerseyguy

Jerseyguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NB or Rebok cross trainers,both fine

Nobody mentioned this but the key is to walk on a regular basis before you get to LV so you and your shoes are broken in .
    So get off your lazy butts and get away from the computer and take a long walk ,lol.

18. gailk

gailk Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the hints. Gonna try a few :wave:

19. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    99% of the time I wear sneakers. I am a Nike fanboy, specifically Jordan's, so that's usually what I wear.

I have never had issues with blisters or anything. However my feet were sore after our first trip from all the walking. Like true newbie's we thought things were so close together and we hoofed it most places...combined with standing at craps tables the rest of the time...I was sore.

My girlfriend? She learned real quick about "cute" shoes. She got a blister on day one. The rest of that inaugural trip was spent in her Adidas.

However we're walkers so I have no problem taking nice leisurely strolls. Especially in the mornings!

20. ButterflyMtn

ButterflyMtn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cute flip flops that are comfortable or echo sandals

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.