1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mirage Host Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by stackinchips, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I've had a comped 3 night stay from Mirage (with a 4th night paid, which is usually comped off on the back end), coming up in a couple weeks. I booked this a while ago, and have been waiting for my corporate offer to show up which usually has FP and & FB and a little better room. I also received another offer with complimentary limo transportation with only two nights comped.

So the corporate offer shows up, along with another offer, so I called to see if I could just add the extras to my existing room comp. The [STRIKE]incompetent mouth breather[/STRIKE] VIP services agent told me that I couldn't add anything to my existing reservation, and I would have to cancel my existing reservation, and I can only use two of the free nights on either new offer, and I have to pay for the other two nights. In addition, I have to pay the current rates for the new nights not what I booked for the 4th night months ago. So my total for the new reservation would be over half of what my FP and F&B would be, and I can't have the limo transport.

Anyways, rather than keep calling these people who can't do anything at VIP services, I wanted to reach out to a host there to see if they could take care of this for me as I've heard of others doing the same. I'm probably at the low end of the host spectrum (Mlife Gold, last trip I ran up about 100k TCs playing a variety of games over 3 days). I don't need anything special from the host, just a little help combining my offers so I'm not getting screwed. If I can get my FP F&B, added to what I already booked, I'd be happy. If I can get the upgraded room and limo transportation, I'd be very pleased.

Anyways long story short, I was going to just email a random host off their list, but was wondering if anyone has a host they'd recommend? I don't need a personal referral, I'm just looking for someone who has experience with a host there that's reasonable and can accommodate this simple request. You can PM if you'd like.

2. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not exactly sure what you want to get accomplished, but I think I have a good host at the mirage, but I never get free play when I go out. I get offers that include FP but when he sets up my trip with the things I want, he says I can't get FP. So I decided I'd rather have the 6 comped nights in the suite, food and beverage, limo use around town, show tickets,etc and never touch my ec's. So my host wouldn't probably be able to help you but maybe someone a lot higher on the host chain could. Good luck

3. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What I'm trying to get a accomplished is quite simple (although probably lost in my long post). I have an existing reservation that I booked months ago for 3 free nights and a 4th night paid for which will probably be comped on the back end. I received my Fall offer this week, which is also 3 comp nights, but includes FP and F&B credit. I simply want to have the FP and F&B added to my existing reservation. VIP services told me I'll have to cancel and rebook and thereby having to pay the CURRENT rate for my 4th night which is now a ridiculous rate due to my trip being close and the Mayweather fight. This amount works out to be about half of my credits.

They should be able to just attach those "extras" on my new offer to my existing reservation. Very simple, but like most things with Mlife, even the most simple things are made incredibly difficult.

4. stackinchips

stackinchips VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just wanted to update that I emailed a host at the Mirage, and they took care of everything. Added the FP F&B, and even added the limo transportation and upgraded my room. Thanks for those who helped out.

5. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish I had a host at Luxor that would hook me up. Or at least comp me fairly for my play and ridiculous losses.

6. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if you have ridiculous losses and don't even have enough play to get comped at Luxor, you need to think about switching to a different hobby.

7. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well 90% of my play is at the sports book which is excluded from comps. But it's true about switching hobbies, I can never pick a winner.

8. Someone

Someone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    go Costanza and pick the opposite of what you are sure is right :thumbsup:

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done that before when I was running bad. sometimes it works. when it doesn't, then I know I'm running REALLY bad that day and it's time to cut my losses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.