1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Aria or luxor

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by IWannaBeInVegas, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IWannaBeInVegas

IWannaBeInVegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking at mlife, I have a couple what I feel to be good choices.

A little background, never stayed at a top end property, growing up its was stardust. Iv stayed at nyny, excliber, flamingo and golden nugget rush tower.

I have always wanted to stay at the luxor in a pyramid suite with jacuzzi and via the mlife website I can get it for around 80 a night. BUT for giggles u looked at aria and can get a really nice room absent the jacuzzi die for roughly 100 a night. Iv wanted to stay at the cosmopolitan but it seems more than I'm willing to pay. As I booking early, I will have a decent budget to work with which is nice for a chance.

Unless things change, I'm going on a solo trip, 35 year old, not into the club scene but more into relaxing and gambling . Last trip I never made it past cosmopolitan and so I figured south end maybe a good try.

2. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pay the money for Aria. Not even close. The pyramid rooms are seriously outdated.

3. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking the same

4. worldtraveler661

worldtraveler661 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Almost same price and one property is almost 20yrs old. I'd choose Aria in a heartbeat. Enjoy a newer property and check it out.

5. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been in a Luxor pyramid room for many years, but I just returned from Aria. Overall, a standard room at Aria was very nice but didn't really "wow" me, even with the gadgetry. So if you've always wanted to stay in a pyramid jacuzzi suite, maybe you should just do that. The Aria bathroom does have an oversized tub, although it is not jetted.

6. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a Pyramid Suite in December when I was there and I really enjoyed it. However, it doesn't compare to Aria at all. Not even close.

I will say that the jacuzzi was nice and I had a strip view so relaxing in it at the end of each night was really peaceful. It just depends on what you value.

7. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No comparison...Aria FTW

8. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Add me to the Aria camp. The Luxor is "nice", but the Aria is nice. There's really no comparison.

EDC
  9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if staying at Luxor is something you have always wanted to do, maybe you can satisfy your curiousity by staying there the first night and then moving to Aria for the rest of the trip.

Aria is really the better of the two options - by a mile. The people I know who have stayed at Luxor echoed what everyone else here has said - that the rooms are terribly outdated and unimpressive. However - if it really is something you want to do badly, one night there can't hurt, and you can cross one more thing off your Vegas list.

10. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    An idea I didn't think of.

11. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When are you going? You can always play the MyVegas game on facebook and earn a comp/discount at Luxor for a night, then book Aria normally.

12. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week of March. I just found the MyVegas game yesterday, granted I read about it but did not know much. Im up to level l9 and just under 4000 LP points so far

13. Topanga

Topanga Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Aria and Luxor are currently our favorite properties, so on our upcoming trip we are staying two nights at Luxor then three nights at Aria. If you're going to stay at both during your trip, definetely start with Luxor first.

14. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm mixed on spending the whole trip on the strip. Last trip I stayed 2 on the strip and one on Fremont and loved it down town. One thing I never mentioned is I have bad ankles and can, if it's a bad day have issues walking.

15. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    By March you should have enough LP for a comp at Aria. Make sure you add plenty of friends because it multiplies your daily spin bonus

16. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I need to get more friends playing

17. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Join this group and add everyone. You can hide them from your wall so you don't see any of their posts.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/MyVegasChipsCenter/

I also created a friend group called MyVegas that I assign all of them to. That way when I share any chips, I only share to that group and the rest of my FB friends don't have to be annoyed with chip posts.

18. IWannaBeInVegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just sent the request to join. I need to figure this all out

19. VDMTom

VDMTom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best advice I've read. :cheers:

20. Blackstars81

Blackstars81 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think i might be the only person who actually liked his room at the Luxor. I've stayed in a suite in one of the towers, and I'd put it up with any room that ive stayed during any one of my visits to vegas. For context i've stayed in a suite at the Mandalay Bay, and regular king size rooms at the MGM, Vdara, and Aria. The Aria room was nice don't get me wrong, but I really liked the space and layout of the Luxor suite, just my two cents. Good Luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.