1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Bellagio August 20-24, Mini TR

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by UKFanatic, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Just got back a few hours ago from a four night trip to the Bellagio. As has become custom with me, I am too tired to write a lengthy TR, but I will give everyone a taste of the trip and hit the highlights with this mini report. This time I will divide the report into different subject categories, so you can skip to the highlights that most interest you.

Transport/Arrival
    Flew in Tuesday via Southwest. Flight was late. Booooo. But arrived uneventfully and found the Bellagio driver waiting for me and my friends. It was a Tuesday, so there were no crowds. Checkin was a breeze and I got a one bedroom penthouse suite with a fountain view. Very sweet!

The Gambling
    Pretty good gambling this trip. Played much less craps than usually and focused mainly on baccarat. Had one bad run Thursday night and a terrible run Friday morning, but otherwise every session was positive.

Craps was very good to me. The first table I stepped up to, I shot from the pass line with $200 on the line plus odds and had made over $5k before I sevened out. Only one bad craps the run the entire trip and I fortunately made that money back with some negative progression wagering. Saw one High Roller with a reserved half of a table (I was the only other person wagering enough to play the other side of the table from him). He was playing at double limits and losing a ton! Then he got drunk and grabby with a cocktail waitress to the point where the pit boss asked him to go back to his room and sober up. Kinda crazy.

As for my sports betting, it was all baseball. Did terrible for the first 24 hours, then turned it around with the Dodgers Kershaw game. Hit a hot streak after that and ended the sports betting portion of the trip in the black. Took $5k of that money and made a bunch of futures bets on the NFL season. My favorite, $1k on the Bills over 5.5 wins for the season. We shall see how that goes ......

The final tally: 21 hours of gambling, $2400 avg. bet, +49k for the trip. No complaints!

Entertainment
    The friends and I saw Ka at MGM. We all really enjoyed it. One of my friends made a spot on comment that the theater design reminded him of something out of a steampunk novel. Very cool, adventurous show.

Spent one afternoon at the Bellagio pool. Perfect weather. It was warm without being searing hot.

We all spent a spa day together at Spa Aria. Aria has my favorite spa. But this was my friend's first time there (they had experienced the Bellagio spa before now). They agreed that Spa Aria blows away the Bellagio spa. It was a great time.

The Food
    Had my first ever meal at Shibuya before Ka. Wow, great food. Everything was very fresh. Its probably now my favorite Japanese restaurant on the Strip. Highly recommend it.

Overall, a fun trip. Won money, everything was comped, and had a lot of fun with friends. until next time .......

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  2. saeldway

saeldway Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As usual, good, compact TR.

As a Dodger fan: Betting on Kershaw=Fish/Barrel.

How bout this, was in town over July 4th, when the odds on Dodgers were 35/1. Looking better now.

3. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You know, I had bet on him twice earlier in the season and lost both times! But felt very good about this game and bet the house on the Dodgers. That win got me back in the black on sports betting and, fortunately, I never looked back.

The plans have changed
  4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Wow nice win, congrats! I like Shibuya as well but I've only gone there for bigger group dinners. Pearl is really good there too. Neither of those get talked about much though.

5. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice TR UK! Good luck on your Bills bet. You should have parlayed that with the Jets Under:evillaugh and Titans WAY UNDER!:eek:

6. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I took the Jets under 6 for $400 before the Sanchez injury. Feeling pretty good about that one too. I think they will compete with the Jags for worst record in the league

The plans have changed
  7. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also placed $1000 bets on the packers to win the super bowl at 8 to 1 and the Texans to win it at 12 to 1. I handicap six teams total as having a shot to win it all and those were the two longest odds amongst the six teams. So I will be cheering for one of those teams to get hot at the right time this January!

The plans have changed
  8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report, man.

The Bills bet looks o5.5 looks questionable now that they're hurting at QB. I suspect Manuel will be back by week 1-2 but Kolb's concussion is reportedly career ending and they just signed Mr Softee aka Matt Leinart and traded for Thaddeus Lewis.

9. firstkill

firstkill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sweet runs,
    hope I can reproduce on my next trip.

Do you end up checking in the VIP area? the one right after the bar past the lobby where the first set of black jack tables are?

Last time I was there it took me longer to find it than it does to check in the regular lines!

Fk

10. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considered that (at least Manuel being out) when I made the bet. I still think this is a solid wager. I look at it like this: they have to play the NFC south, which is one of the two toughest divisions in football this year, but they should be able to get a victory against either Tampa or Carolina; they should go 3-3 in division games; and that means they only need to win 2 games against Jacksonville, KC, Cincy, and Cleveland. I think they actually win three of those games. And I wouldn't be surprised if they picked up another division win as well as a second victory against the NFC south. We shall see.....

The plans have changed
  11. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked in at VIP. Since it was a Tuesday, it took no time at all. But you're right, its hard to find if you don't know where to look. There are no signs that I am aware of

The plans have changed
  12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa Front Line Winner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Solid reasoning. Good luck!

What were the odds on this?

13. Travel Fanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, I finally unpacked my bags and my memory was off when I wrote the TR. I got the Bills over 6, not 5.5 (I was thinking of the Cards, who I took over 5.5). And the odds are -140. Still like it!

The plans have changed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.