1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Future bet

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by jjc312, Aug 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjc312

jjc312 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Earlier in the year I place a bet on over 73.5 wins for the Pirates. They now have 76. I will be in vegas next month (before the season is over). Can I cash in the ticket then or do I have to wait until the season is over?

2. hillwood24

hillwood24 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I imagine you can cash it in before the season is over, since the bet is technically settled. However, I have no experience in this. It is probably treated the same was as the first 5 inning bets, in which you can claim your winnings in the 6th inning.

But the real question is, how much did you win?!?!

3. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Actually, you probably cannot cash it yet. The ticket probably has a line that says "event date" which is the last day of the regular season. You cannot cash any sports ticket prior to the event date.

Its probable that for there to be action on the ticket, the Pirates have to play a full 162 game season. If they don't, then the ticket is a push and not a win, even if you have already exceeded the over/under number. The same thing happened to be with the NBA season. I bet the under on the Celtics, won the bet by several games, but still only received a push on the ticket since the last Celtics game of the season was cancelled as a result of the Boston bombers

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of my future bets are placed online, but I can't cash them until the season ends. Even, as in your case, you have a winner.

5. klawrey

klawrey High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shouldn't post stories like that UK, too many conspiracy theorists will jump on it and next thing you know it'll be vegas's fault the bombing happened to protect themselves from losing too much on Celtics win total bets haha :rolleyes2:

JK but that does suck because they still covered their win total haha

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Especially sucked because a push versus a win on that ticket made the difference between a very small and very big win total for me on last season's NBA (that, or if the Spurs could have grabbed a rebound in game 6, ggrrrrrrrr :grrr: )

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    UKFanatic is correct- you gotta wait.

8. IxAccDnf

IxAccDnf VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as an example here is the rule at one book:

Regular Season wins and Matchups have action after the team has completed 160 regular season games

9. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know if you are watching a baseball game and you took the over and by the 7th inning (official game by then) the total is over, you must wait until the game is over for the computer to allow it to be redeemed. Early on in my sports (non-illustrious) career of betting, I was amazed as the outcome for the over was not going to change for the game. But rules is rules....I bet it applies to your bet as well.....at the end of the season....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.