1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

PH main structure and towers rooms

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by WHIVGOYTUBE, Aug 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am piece by piece understanding the PH building layout on room types and location.

First, regarding the main structure, can someone confirm the main structure is 36 floors high = if you get a room #36xx, you are on the very top floor?

Second, the main structure has two smaller towers (one north, and one south) that extend towards the strip. Can someone confirm how many floor high these towers are?

Third, has anyone stayed in a room in the smaller south tower facing towards the Bellagio Fountains? Is the window the standard size window such as in a front regular Hip Room?

I am wondering if this is where some of their "Premium Fountain View" rooms are at?

Anyone have any links to images of the Room Floor plans that are inside the room front door and shows the Emergency Exit Plans. Found one on a youtube video that I had to freeze that confirmed the location of the Vista Resort Rooms.

Thanks! ;)

2. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're referring to the Planet Hollywood hotel, right? Not the PH Towers behind it that are timeshare condos, right?

The top floor is 51 although there are no floors from 40-49. I'm assuming there's no 13 either. I stayed in the main struture right next to those smaller towers jut out. I was on floor 26 and was looking down on the roof top. Probably about 23-25 floors I'd say.

3. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In 2011, I stayed for one night in the "resort room premium view" and I did have a view of the Bellagio fountains. However, I wasn't in the room long enough to really see it when there were any shows going on. I also had the Eiffel Tower in my view as well. A friend had one of those suites-but-not really and their view wasn't nearly as good as the one I had in my premium view.

4. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, Planet Hollywood, not the PH Towers.

Funny thing they do in Vegas skipping a whole section of like 10 floors to make the room numbers higher. I know they do the same thing at the RIO. :evillaugh

5. GoingBroke777

GoingBroke777 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in north tower floor 21. I had two windows same size. (not floor to ceiling). this was my view. hope it helps.

Attached Files:

6. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In the spikes that stick out the top floor is 23. I know this because I stayed there and I was on the top floor. Not sure how many more floors the main building is.

7. DBear

DBear VIP Bear

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just an Asian superstition. The number 4 looks very similar to the Chinese character for death! Some Asians go so far as to not buy a car if the number 4 is in the VIN number. Same reasons why many hotels don't have a floor 13.

I found that out when running the stairs 2 weeks ago at PHo. I was at floor 39, then all of a sudden, I was on floor 51!

8. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Amazing the things you can learn here! Makes sense to me, or were you just having a Superman moment! :beer:

9. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is amazing and thank you!

So in the little towers, it looks like this is where some of the Resort Fountain View rooms are at. Resort rooms have two windows.

Your picture is great for that tells me the Paris Balloon is in the way (Major obstruction) for the North Tower, facing North. So if I can get an upgrade to Resort Fountain view, the better tower may be the South Tower facing North. If you can score a Vista Resort, there are two on each floor for each Tower, so they are very rare!

For Vista Resorts, the four are:
    1) The North Tower, North Room has the Paris Balloon in the middle of the Fountains = Major Obstruction. One very common upgrade is room 2080 that many people score from readings here and on youtube.

2) The North Tower, South Room will give you a better unobstructed view, with maybe a partial obstruction at the very north part of the Fountains (A Guess). Plus South Strip views.

3) The South Tower, North Room will give you unobstructed views, but are further way from the fountains + South Strip views.

4) The South Tower, South Room will provide no Fountain view at all (A Guess).

If you can score the 850 sq foot Strip Suite, view facing Fountains, that would be a better room. Just seen two videos of them on another posting here labeled something like Planet Hollywood Suites?

OK, my next mission is to find out where the Resort Fountain view rooms are located on the MAIN structure. Any takers? :wave:

10. WHIVGOYTUBE

WHIVGOYTUBE MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That Post is called:

PH suite(s), knowledge needed.

This has the Strip Suite videos and info. :peace:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.